Snow BX2750 snowblower driveline questions:

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #1  

rct427

Tractor
Kubota BX2200 with 60" mid-mower deck and BX2750 front snowblower
Good Afternoon - I am the happy new owner of a BX2200 with a 2750 front snowblower. Trying to grease the driveline U-joints I found the quick-hitch section of the driveshaft has plastic covers over the U-joints that look like they should slide but I can't figure out how to unlock them to expose the U-joint zerks. Any wisdom from the group here?
Was able to lube the mid-PTO connecting U-joint, but the one under the engine has the zerk pointed in such a way I can't rotate the shaft to get to it. Any idea how to resolve that also?

Thanks!

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #2  
I always grease when all the parts are apart (beginning of season or end of the season) makes for manipulating shafts easy to get to the zerks. Never did when things were assembled on the tractor. Don't forget to oil the chain as well.

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #3  
I have no idea. But you've come to the right place. :welcome:

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #4  
I'd also take the cover off & check the set screws on the sprocket. Mine were completely loose as were some others that reported on here.
There was a recent thread where a sprocket walked out enough to break the chain.

Welcome BTW, I'm in your area anxiously awaiting a storm to try my chute rotator & deflector actuator I installed since the last storm

Last edited:
   / BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #5  
like2wheel, did you make your own chute rotator or buy one already made?

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions:
I'd also take the cover off & check the set screws on the sprocket. Mine were completely loose as were some others that reported on here.
There was a recent thread where a sprocket walked out enough to break the chain.

Welcome BTW, I'm in your area anxiously awaiting a storm to try my chute rotator & deflector actuator I installed since the last storm

Thanks for the welcome, neighbor. So far I am good with the manual rotator, but debating deflector options either electric actuator or trying a JD cable operated kit. Also planning to get an UHMWPE edge.

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #7  
I have heard of some people drilling a hole in the plastic to reach the zerk. I just disconnect and angle it. You can also switch the control to the rear PTO. This should enable you to manually turn the mid shaft by hand until the zerk is facing the right direction to lube. Good luck:thumbsup:

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #8  
I have heard of some people drilling a hole in the plastic to reach the zerk. I just disconnect and angle it. You can also switch the control to the rear PTO. This should enable you to manually turn the mid shaft by hand until the zerk is facing the right direction to lube. Good luck:thumbsup:

exactly. just moving pto selector to rear only will allow free spin of mid pto.

/ BX2750 snowblower driveline questions: #9  
like2wheel, did you make your own chute rotator or buy one already made?

I used a power window motor that I had collecting dust from a previous collision repair. Despite what my wife says, It's always good to squirrel away any extra parts :).

snowblower chute.JPG