New Bx tractors

/ New Bx tractors #1  

bx2670

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Bx 2670
While I was at the dealer the other day getting a new universal joint replaced in my MMM shaft I picked up new 70 series brochure.I compared it to my 60 series and its the same specs note for note.I do like the new seat and dash other than brake and foldable ROPS nothing else different though.I think Kubota is gonna ride this horse as long as they can kinda like the old saying if it aint broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!! I do wonder if you can swap out the dash with it not being a major hassle with the plug hook ups.Oh yeah a new steering wheel also.:cool2:

/ New Bx tractors #2  
I noticed the seat belt is part of the seat base and not bolted to the tractor itself. IDK if that was the case with models after the BX22 and BX23 but both of ours are bolted to the chassis.

/ New Bx tractors #5  
They may have to do something to counter JD's new attachment systems for mower and FEL.

I surely would not want to support it in its current form, dealer chatter says they've had all kinds of adjustment problems with it. Kubota has also more or less held the line on pricing which is important on a BX being that the B20's are only marginally more expensive... but I to would like to see some kinda wiz bang feature to get the 100k+ people that own BX's to consider upgrading. There just has been no killer ugprade to get the guy with the BX2200's to make a move.

/ New Bx tractors #6  
I surely would not want to support it in its current form, dealer chatter says they've had all kinds of adjustment problems with it. Kubota has also more or less held the line on pricing which is important on a BX being that the B20's are only marginally more expensive... but I to would like to see some kinda wiz bang feature to get the 100k+ people that own BX's to consider upgrading. There just has been no killer ugprade to get the guy with the BX2200's to make a move.

Upgrade from BX to BX? Not in my monetary future anytime soon, and if it was, it would have to be a really super change..
Every time I look at the quality as well as grade of materials used on the new BX I am really happy I have a BX23.

/ New Bx tractors #7  
We have a bx 2230 and it a single, rocker style foot control vs two separate, i.e. 1 forward and 1 reverse. Any advantage to that? Or isn't there much difference in performance?

/ New Bx tractors #8  

I do like the position control on the John Deere and no HST fan etc., but our BX2200 and BX2660 won't be going anywhere no matter what anyone comes out as they are pretty darn good as is. I did add HST fan shields, but overall good machines.

We have a bx 2230 and it a single, rocker style foot control vs two separate, i.e. 1 forward and 1 reverse. Any advantage to that? Or isn't there much difference in performance?

Are you referring to the split HST on the newer BX's or the side by side on JD? We have both and for us the side by side as well as the split on the BX2660. We prefer the split on the BX2660, but it's no big deal and my wife dislikes the side by side while it is about a wash for me, no strong preference one way or the other; very slightly prefer the BX.

/ New Bx tractors #9  
I like the more compact non-foldable ROPS on my 2660 better.

/ New Bx tractors #10  
I love the rocker arm HST control as you dont need to move your foot looking for the right pedal. My brother in laws has a NH with split pedals that he prefer because he as a stiff knee and ankle so the rocking motion is more difficult. I guess it is just what you get used to. When I bought my B26 it was just get on and go, heel to go back and toe to go forward. When ever I drive his NH, I have to hunt for the right pedal to push all the time. To each his own but I prefer to have my foot solidly on the go pedal for quickly changing directions rather than hunt for a pedal.