Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota

They must be using a 3rd party carrier...I also know other trucks are hauling " irving stuff" out of the terminal.. so I'm skeptical thats its all Irving...
    I think, if you continue looking into it, you'll find your skepticism unwarranted.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

Default Re: Frozen, Gelled fuel

The Irving refinery is right on the coast in St. John, New Brunswick, I imagine they just float the fuel down to Portsmouth by tanker. Citgo has recently expanded into my area, I was mostly wondering if it was their fuel.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to wrap around my truck's fuel filters: Kat's 24050 50 Watt 2"x 5" Universal Hot Pad Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive Could easily swap it over to a tractor filter in a pinch using a small bungee or elastic band.

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by madmax12 View Post
    I think, if you continue looking into it, you'll find your skepticism unwarranted.
    Not that important...As a former SeaRiver (Exxon) guy, I know they all cheated a little
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    The Irving refinery is right on the coast in St. John, New Brunswick, I imagine they just float the fuel down to Portsmouth by tanker. Citgo has recently expanded into my area, I was mostly wondering if it was their fuel.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to wrap around my truck's fuel filters: Kat's 24050 50 Watt 2"x 5" Universal Hot Pad Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive Could easily swap it over to a tractor filter in a pinch using a small bungee or elastic band.
    Yup, not bad in a pinch... I think I can actually slide a large hot cup of water under my filter if needed
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

First rule... Never trust Irving.. the cheap SOB's.

Secondly, treat all your fuel. Personally I use PSwhite, but once this bottle is done, Im going to another brand. I had a major gelling issue myself this year .

I ended up installing a better fuel filter (Racor) that handles water much better than the stock inline filter. I have not had a gelling or waxing issue since and the temperature has been way colder. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...lter-bx25.html

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240

I got my tractor back home by a " laying on of hands" one time. Wrapped my bare hands around the filter till the engine evened out and made a run for it!
    'Master of a thousand indispensable skills destined to keep him at the poverty level'

'You can't beat a man at his own trade'

Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    First rule... Never trust Irving.. the cheap SOB's.

Secondly, treat all your fuel. Personally I use PSwhite, but once this bottle is done, Im going to another brand. I had a major gelling issue myself this year .

I ended up installing a better fuel filter (Racor) that handles water much better than the stock inline filter. I have not had a gelling or waxing issue since and the temperature has been way colder. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...lter-bx25.html
    Nice write up...I see a spring time project coming...
    B 7510

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    BX 25

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post

I have a block heater too, but that wont help the filter.... point of most common gelling
    Quite true! But it sure does help it to start in the cold if the fuel isn't gelled.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Bob B.

Kubota BX25, FEL, 60" MMM, Curtis cab with heat
    Kubota BX2750D snow blower, 5' Estate rake, 5' rear blade

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    Nice write up...I see a spring time project coming...
    Thanks. It was money well spent. The factory filtration is severely lacking.

Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

Quote Originally Posted by Verticaltrx View Post
    Anyone else using Power Service diesel additive?
    This is my first experience with diesel, but from info I've gotten here on TBN I use PS. It's cheap from Wally and no probs. Though I'm sure the weather here is close to your's. Mine lives inside garage on a carpet even, but I don't want to take any chances especially when it's so easy to avoid.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast