Clunking noise at idlle M7040

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #1  

Caddo

Tractor
Long 2510
I have a 2011 M7040 I bought new a year ago. Here lately I have noticed a clunking noise at low idle. Cant really tell where its coming from other than under the hood. The tractor now has about 125 hours on it and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before i took it to the dealer. Otherwise everything else is perfectly normal in the operation of the tractor.

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #3  
   / Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #4  
It seems to me someone mentioned their Kubota tractor with a hydraulic shuttle rocked back and forth a little until it fully warmed up and made a noise as well. Could be the same thing?

Sean

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040
My tractor does not have the shuttle transmission. It does have a fel though. I hadnt thought about a hydrolic pump issue, next time a run it i well look into that aspect of it.

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #6  
Does it still clunk when the clutch is pushed in?

Yes with clutch in also.

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #8  
Hey TripleR neither came back and said what it ended up being. Did you ever hear later?

The last time I got a PM from NICOT, he was going to trade it off for something else, I never heard back from him after that and he quit posting.

/ Clunking noise at idlle M7040 #9  
Yes with clutch in also.
OK. Then not likely to be crankshaft endplay nor rattle in the unloaded drivetrain. Does a light load on the engine change it?
,,,I didnt see in thread contents ... does clunk accelerate with engine and then just disappear. What rpms?

OK. Then not likely to be crankshaft endplay nor rattle in the unloaded drivetrain. Does a light load on the engine change it?
,,,I didnt see in thread contents ... does clunk accelerate with engine and then just disappear. What rpms?

Thanks for the replys, Im currently out of town and wont be back till thursday. Friday i'll go out and do some of these test. I'll post the results when i do.