HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3
When I bought my BX a couple years ago, I also bought a 12' dump trailer to haul her in. I too found crappy welds, and poor design. But my MAJOR issue was the lack of primer used before the finish was applied. Now I am looking at sandblasting the whole thing, and properly applying the paint or protective coatings, which may include Rhino coat on the underside and frame. Speaking of proper finishing, I also have to call the dealer about my new Kubota snowblower. Doesn't seem to be any primer there either! Grrrr!

Its just sad to me that there is really no pride behind alot of these trailer companies work! I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I made and sold some of the crap these people sell to unsuspecting hard working people! I guess paint isnt that important to most people, but to me it does. Not that my trailer is gonna be in a show or anything, but having a new shiny piece of equipment (like my tractor) makes you smile knowing your money was well spent, but when its a bad finish, you feel like a boob! lol :laughing:

Man that is some hack work before.
Looks good now!
but... is that a 2000lb jack? I would think that would be just about the weight of the trailer (if not under). If it was me I'd put a 10K+ jack on it so that if I need to unhook the trailer from my truck with the tractor on it I can and not worry about the weight.
I know the tongue weight should never been the whole weight, but peice of mind is pretty nice for the minimal cost of the difference in jacks.

I thought the same thing, but since most 7000lb to 7500lb trailers have a 2000lb jack, I bought the best one (foldable bulldog) and then added the two front landing gear supports. when I need to keep it loaded and off the truck tongue, I just lower the front stabilizers and lower the jack so that its being supported by the stabilizers / legs, and the weight is not an issue. :smurf:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #23  
But how do you lift the trailer back up to get the weight off the support legs so you can move the pins and put them back up? Not trying to pick on you, just wondering...

But how do you lift the trailer back up to get the weight off the support legs so you can move the pins and put them back up? Not trying to pick on you, just wondering...

the jack will lift the coupler up just enough to set back down on the hitch ball. I've had no problems with it (yet) and it seems really stable. If it ever does look like its gonna be a problem I wont be doing that anymore! :smurf:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #25  
Did you fabricate the landing pads or were they something you bought already made and welded on the trailer?

Did you fabricate the landing pads or were they something you bought already made and welded on the trailer?

They are fabricated. They are made with heavy 2" square tubing that fits in the slightly larger square tubing of the trailer rails. They work like a jack stand so to speak, and are either in the fully extended position or fully retracted. A pin (like the one on a receiver hitch) locks them in place. I used 3/8" steel plates (round) welded to the bottom of the legs for more stability.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #28  
Pappasmurf
Nice trailer I like the stands. Glad to see you got your piece of mind

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #30  
I doubt the manufacturer really cares. If you met this guy you would see he is very arrogant and for some reason didn't like me much (or so it seemed) maybe because of being a Cop.....I dunno, but whatever the reason, he was really short with me. The dealer on the other hand may be willing to at least listen to me when I explain the out of pocket expenses, and might just be willing to make it right, but if they don't its not going to ruin my day. After all....I did take possession of it, and after getting it home and discovering the problems I chose not to take it back for fear they would screw it up even more. Bad situation to be in. I can tell you this.....everyone I know that was considering buying from this manufacturer has changed their mind after talking to me. His business will feel it in the pocket just like I did! :thumbsdown::whistleblower:

It was probably because he was mad and had to build you another trailer. Is your dealer still selling these trailers? Do they have any on their lot that are poorly made like yours? I think the manufacturer should be reported, one of his trailers could get somebody killed.