HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #1  

PAPPASMURF

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

As some of you know, I have had several problems regarding my trailer that I got as part of my package deal with my L3200. In short for those of you that didnt follow my other Threads, I was given a trailer that was unsafe and not rated for the load I was placing on it and the dealer made things right by having the correct trailer made for me. When I received the new trailer I discovered several .......lets say SLOPPY welds and corners that were cut by the trailer manufacturer. (see Threads: "How do you tow your tractor #1, and #2)

Now I have corrected all the faults in the trailer, and am happy to announce the trailer is ready to hold my tractor. I had the coupler welded correctly, and the old jack was trashed, and a New "better" jack has been installed in a better position. The welds under the trailer were corrected / re-welded, and support plates welded to them. Below are pictures I took this afternoon of the finished product. I believe I will get years of solid use out of the trailer now that it has been completed correctly. Thanks to all of you that helped me out by giving me advice on what I should do. I know I had "out of pocket expenses" by having the work done myself after the manufacturer screwed it up, but to me the peace of mind has been worth it.:smurf:

Also....I added some custom front supports (front Landing gear) with the Kubota emblem on them. I thought it would be a nice touch....you know just in case I need front supports for anything in the future! :p

COUPLER.jpgFRONT JACK.jpgJACKANDLANDINGGEAR.jpgJACKANDLANDINGGEAR2.jpg

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #2  
I'm glad you got it fixed. :thumbsup:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #4  
Pappa, glad you got your friend to correct the issues with the trailer, looks really good. And like you said you now have the peace of mind going down the road with the trailer loaded. Two questions if you don't mind, 1) Will you show the repaired trailer to the dealer who sold it to you or are you done with him? 2) Are you going to extend the length of the ramps if I recall appear to be a little short or will they work ok for you? Thanks, Stanley

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3
Pappa, glad you got your friend to correct the issues with the trailer, looks really good. And like you said you now have the peace of mind going down the road with the trailer loaded. Two questions if you don't mind, 1) Will you show the repaired trailer to the dealer who sold it to you or are you done with him? 2) Are you going to extend the length of the ramps if I recall appear to be a little short or will they work ok for you? Thanks, Stanley

I do intend on showing the trailer to the dealer.....as a matter of fact I thought about sending pictures (before and after) to the trailer manufacturer just to make a point I guess....not that its gonna do any good, but I'm still upset about their product. The ramps worked great and don't need lengthening. The look was apparently deceiving because the L3200 rolled right up with no problems. I am also going to put a Thread on the "buying and pricing" section warning others what to look for if they get a trailer for their tractor or get a package deal including a trailer. :smurf:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #6  
Looks like a mighty purr-ty trailer. Glad this all worked out.

I must admit, I'll be curious to see how my b-i-l comes out on his L3800 and trailer he bought 12/31/12, but hasn't seen yet. Dealer is somewhere in Houston.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #7  
great job....you will like the fold up jack....I might steal the landing gear idea.....my g/n has only mid point jack

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #8  
Looks like a mighty purr-ty trailer. Glad this all worked out.

I must admit, I'll be curious to see how my b-i-l comes out on his L3800 and trailer he bought 12/31/12, but hasn't seen yet. Dealer is somewhere in Houston.
humm....I can go see it since I'm in Houston!...I can send you pics

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #9  
I do intend on showing the trailer to the dealer.....as a matter of fact I thought about sending pictures (before and after) to the trailer manufacturer just to make a point I guess....not that its gonna do any good, but I'm still upset about their product.

I wonder if the manufacturer would offer up some money for the funds you paid out of pocket. That certainly would be a gesture of good will, couldn't hurt to ask for some type of reimbursement. You have nothing to lose by asking and certainly deserve it for the aggravation you encountered.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR 3 #10  
Not real sure what "crappy" welds you had to fix, but I noticed on mine that there seemed to be some unfinished welds. After watching some show on building trailers, I realized that some welds shouldn't have been made continuous due to the trailer needing to flex some. Obviously I don't know if that is your case and will not even infer to it, but just thought I would throw that out there.

I do like the trailer stabilizers you have on the front (I assume that is what that is supposed to be), do you have those on the rear as well? I am assuming you made those? I am considering doing that to the rear of my trailer as many times I have lifted the rear end of my truck off the ground when loading and unloading. But until I saw yours, I never thought of doing that to the front as well.