New Member with BX2360 mower deck question

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #11  
If you are lifting the 3pt all the way but the knob will not click into the Top position, it likely does need the small adjustment others have mentioned here. It is pretty common to need to make this adjustment. I've copied and pasted the best/simplest instruction for the adjustment that I've seen.

(Compliments to Harry at BXpanded.com)

I had this problem upon taking delivery of my new BX2370 yesterday. The salesman from the dealer couldn't get it to work right and was planning to dispatch a mechanic today. I am glad I saved them the trouble by finding the answer here. To help people who have this problem in the future, here is a picture of the location of the adjustment bolt, and a close up of the bolt itself.

Attachments

• 20150508_094948.jpg
    20150508_094948.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 387
  • 20150508_094959.jpg
    20150508_094959.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 321
   / New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #12  
Appears that I am having a similar issue, I have adjusted this bolt/nut and have turned this in two full turned and this still fails to lock the deck in the raised position. So the procedure is: lower the 3 Point and MMD, adjust the adjustment bolt (so far in two full turns), raise the 3 Point and MMD and then turned the adjustment knob and attempt to turn to the TOP position, both clock wise and counter clock wise failed to click to the top position.......... Maybe its just a patter of me adjusting this bolt in more by turning it in?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #13  
I added a snow blade and need to lock mower deck in upper position when plowing snow. I have never had much luck with the knob adjustment and have not gotten much help from the user manual. Can anyone please explain the best way to lock it while plowing snow? Thanks for your help!

Why aren't you taking the deck off for the winter?? The hardest part is disconnecting the drive shaft, since you can't get two hands in there to hold the lock collar back, but short of that it pretty much falls right off by pulling 3 pins.

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #14  
Do you mow with your snow blade attached? I have one implement at a time on my BX, a mower, a snow blade, or a front end loader. Each takes me less than 5 minutes to remove or install. I often take the mower off, put the FEL on, take the FEL off and put the mower back on all in one weekend. For the snow blade it is just a seasonal thing, taking the mower off gives you a chance to clean it, sharpen the blades, and service it.

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #15  
In my case I am using a landscape rake attached to the 3 point hitch so it would be ideal to lock the deck to the TOP position and then use the york/landscape rake on the 3 point... Sound like I really just have to fuss with the linkage adjustment more.

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #16  
I was able to correct this issue by adjusting the deck height bolts on the right and the left of the deck. Once I backed these off I was able to use the rear adjustment bolt and engage the the top position. Tightened all back up and was now properly adjusted.

/ New Member with BX2360 mower deck question #17  
Why aren't you taking the deck off for the winter?? The hardest part is disconnecting the drive shaft, since you can't get two hands in there to hold the lock collar back, but short of that it pretty much falls right off by pulling 3 pins.

^^^ this!

With the FEL attached to the tractor, getting the MMM attached or detached is a snap. Chock the rear wheels. Raise the front wheels using the FEL, crib them with some scrap wood, and now you can easily slide the MMM under the tractor. Position the MMM about where it will sit. Now connect the jackshaft to the MMM PTO, which is made tons easier because there is a lot more room to maneuver. Ensure the collar is secure. You can now remove the cribbing from under the front wheels, and gently lower the front of the tractor using the FEL control. Unlock the MMM height adjustment, and get the rear supports aligned, centered, and the lift pins engaged. Finally, position the front support bar and locking lever, and cam it up into place. Done.

BTW removing the MMM from the tractor for the winter gives you all kinds of opportunity to do PM -- greasing the spindle bearings, checking the belt, and of course giving the top and bottom of the deck a good cleaning.

wrooster