B2320 to a B2920/3200

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
How noticeable is the difference in power when going up. Have the 2320 and like so many before the needs didn't quite match what I thought when purchased almost 2 years ago. Initially thought light loader work with mostly mowing 3-4 acres. I way underestimated the loader work in moving dirt, levelling with boxblade, and now want a decent size garden. Have used the middle buster to break up the area but will be borrowing my uncle's disc as well.

Still need to mow so can't see going any larger than the 3200. The 2320 can do it but I've seen the limitations and my question is how big a difference is the upgrade to the 2920/3200?

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #2  
That is a difficult call. I went from a B2920tlb to a B3300tlb (mostly same as a 3200) but the reason for me was mostly due to BH and more pto power. In your case from what was described with wanting to continue mowing, do you care wether the mower deck is floating or a ground contact mower? The 2920 mmm will still be a floating deck like your 2320 (possibly the same one?) while the 3200 mmm is different and rides on the wheels as a ground contact mower. As far as the FEL difference I was always pretty impressed with the 2920 capability in that dept. I don't see a huge difference with the 3300 but it has a little larger bucket. The question is what is the real world difference between the 2320 and 2920 FEL capabilities. Maybe someone else could speak from experience on that question. If you don't care about the difference in the mmm and wrestling with that and maybe a little less maneuverability mowing my suggestion would be to go right to the 3200. Btw, with the mowing what kind of tire do you have with the 2320? Maybe turfs on a 3200?

It does sound like you have enough reason for a larger tractor"....the two year itch! Been there myself!

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #3  
I would recommend the 3200. I spent over a year deciding between a 2920 and a 3200. Granted I upgraded from a bx2230 so either way it was a big jump. The 3200 doesn't just have more hp its overall physically bigger. You feel more like your sitting in the tractor and not on the tractor, to me it was alot more comfortable. I got the FEL and 60"MMM. I'm impressed at how nice it cuts the grass for how big of a tractor it is. The bucket is also bigger than the 2920. It does vibrate a little, but it is a tractor. I absolutely love the 3200 and have never had a single regret.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #4  
Since you have a 2320 and want to upgrade I would go to a B3200. I don't think you will find very much difference in a B2920 to justify the upgrade.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #5  
There's not much difference between the b2920 and b2320, you get a different (bigger) loader, more HP and different tires I think. If you find your current limitation is power then the B2920 would be a good solution. If the issue is more weight / size then the B3200 would be just a bit bigger. I've got the B2920 and use it for lots of loader work and 3pt work and really like it. There's plenty of power to do the loader work and its got enough power to work at a lower RPM, which I like too (quieter, less fuel). I'd go and try out both and see which one seems to fit what you're looking to do.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #6  
You could also step up to a b3000.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #7  
Or you could keep what you have and see if your dealer would be willing to trade up from a LA304 FEL to a LA364 FEL and save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #8  
Along with several BXs I've owned a B7800, B3200, L3240, B2320 and now own a B2620. You mentioned mowing as a required task along with FEL work. The 23/26/29 are basically the same size with the B3200 being a bit of a step up. My experience with FEL work is the weight of the tractor is the more limiting factor than the HP. The L3240 was far superior FEL work wise vs any of the Bs with the same HP (B7800/B3200/L3240) due to almost twice the weight of the tractor.
For mowing with a MMM bigger is, well bigger thus impairing manuverability. I personally prefer the Rear finish mower for mowing in areas where it will fit/manuver OK. The RFM is also quite a bit less money to buy than a MMM, easier to service, easier and quicker to attach and remove. One could move up in weight to an L with RFM for near the same price as a B with MMM. Guess a MMM will fit an L if one has to have the MMM.
I'm not a bigger is better guy as you can see my up and down in size moves. I now have a B2620 FEL BH after having a BX25 and I'd trade back to the BX25 in a heart beat but need to get some payments made on this B2620 first.
Any way, I don't think you'll be satisfied going up in HP and same size tractor (B2320/B2620/B2920) because traction usually runs out before HP on these models. If you have to go up and stay with a B then at least the B3200 but I'd sure look at a heavier L first, Just one mans free opinion. I moved down from the L3240 because I'm on a hillside and the distance from my head to the ground was scary after using BXs and Bs. That was the only reason because the twice as heavy L was Grand indeed.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200
For mowing with a MMM bigger is, well bigger thus impairing manuverability. I personally prefer the Rear finish mower for mowing in areas where it will fit/manuver OK. The RFM is also quite a bit less money to buy than a MMM, easier to service, easier and quicker to attach and remove. One could move up in weight to an L with RFM for near the same price as a B with MMM. .

This has been on my mind as well. I like the maneuvarability of the MMM but I have mostly open areas except of course around the house and one area with many trees that I want to make into multiple beds with shrubs/ground cover etc. The 3200 use a 5 foot mower or could it do a 6 footer? My land is flat as a pancake.

Oh my, the juices starting to flow thinking of a new tractor. The wife's 40th birthday is next month wonder if she'll be happy with a tractor? :thumbsup:

Maybe time to call Barlows and see what can work out, may also see what they have as far as used, not opposed to that either.

/ B2320 to a B2920/3200 #10  
I'd go with the biggest, most powerful tractor that meets your needs. I own a B2400 and wish I'd gone bigger. Mainly because of the PTO horsepower. When I bought mine I was a novice, still am, but more experienced. You'd be surprised how often PTO horsepower is the limiting factor for some implements, like a snow blower or PTO generator. I'd like my PTO horsepower to be at least 24 HP, but preferably 30 HP. Just my two cents, which is about how much advise is worth.