are my front tires wimpy?

/ are my front tires wimpy? #41  
Thats not bad at all. I would have expected them to be more. I guess I am off to the tire dealer to check for availability.

Take the printout (Tractor front tires.pdf) with you since it gives all of the product data. I got many "never heard of, don't make them..." type of answers. Then when presented with the documentation...

/ are my front tires wimpy? #42  
Kubo and ovrszd:

The rear tires are Kubota OEM R1 14.9 x 26.

The fronts are 11 R 16 Michelin XM27 Utility & Industrial. They have a R4 carcass and an R1 tread. They are only .5 inches larger in diameter and 1 inch greater in rolling circumference than the Kubota OEM 9.5 x 16 R1's. I have attached some pdf's showing data for them.

The front wheels are Kubota OEM R1 16 inch wheels.

I chose this after much research, and particularly after not enjoying the "water-bed" look of regular R1's with a heavy FEL load. I wanted R1 traction and R4 stability for my duties, and these provide both. I operate them at max psi since I never drive fast. (see the load ratings on the attachment.)

Nice research and nice setup! It looks like you expanded on what Mchalkley (I think that was the TBN'ers handle) had done with the XM27's ten years ago or more. Did you get into any clearance issues with the loader brackets like he encountered? Maybe the L50xx and larger models are just enough longer that you avoid those problems. Those seem to be great tires. Seems to me they would be a super OEM option considering all the tradeoffs that exist with the conventional R1 and R4 tire products.

/ are my front tires wimpy?
They are only .5 inches larger in diameter and 1 inch greater in rolling circumference than the Kubota OEM 9.5 x 16 R1's. I have attached some pdf's showing data for them.

Somewhere back in this thread was a reference to damage risked by changing the oem circumference, based on drivetrain issues.
How did you resolve that?

When I went to replace the rear turf tires on my CaseIH, the oem were those huge wide Bridgestone Pillow tires, extremely long wearing and extremely expensive. I wanted
an R1 tire for field work, and the problem was that the oem turf tire used a 20 inch rim instead of the alternative 24's. Not wanting to change rims, it took me quite a while to find
a few 20 inch rear tires that would fit my tractor, and keep the oem dimensions. And what I would end up with were some really nice BKT R1's, that were much wider than oem, but there's plenty
of room in the rear, unlike the front of my Kubota. And I figured more tire, better flotation, etc on a 2wd tractor.
So while the tires look pretty oversized for the tractor, they "fit" perfectly, and man, they provide some serious grip. And I believe improve stability.

I bring this up because switching tires often involves switching rims, but sometimes, if the numbers make sense, and in my case they did when combining the cost of admittedly less expensive narrower R1's on
new 24 rims, the latter not being cheap at all.

I'm quite happy with the results. I need to put tri-ribs on the front next and I've got my eye on some, 150 apiece, which struck me as pretty reasonable.

Attachments

• CaseIH255.jpg
    CaseIH255.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 130
   / are my front tires wimpy? #44  
Those look like those deep-lug rice paddy tires. I expect you get some serious grip with those. Probably don't want to be on pavement very much with them though!

/ are my front tires wimpy? #45  
Take the printout (Tractor front tires.pdf) with you since it gives all of the product data. I got many "never heard of, don't make them..." type of answers. Then when presented with the documentation...

So how do they ride. Like an industrial (solid rubber feel) or more like a radial with some give?

/ are my front tires wimpy? #46  
There is no smooth area (other than the gravel driveway) that I work in, so I am unable to appreciate or make a distinction in smoothness. Hill and dale and pasture