Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Default Gusty last night

Worked the night shift and came home to this...... Its not my main shelter for the Bota, but overflow for the lawn tractor and misc crap...

I got the frame for $50 and made my own tarp walls and roof etc... It's mounted to PT 2x6x 16 and filled in w 3/4 crushed... I never did secure it to the ground... Just never thought about it... My large 24' one is secured, but never did this one...OOPS.

Was able to get 2 lines on it and pull it back over with the Bota. stayed pretty much intact...

as soon as the wind dies down I'll retarp it and drive some stakes (not steaks) into the ground... concrete blocks doing the job now...

Gusty last night-small-shed-1-jpgGusty last night-small-shed-2-jpgGusty last night-small-shed-3-jpg
    Last edited by Firefighter Kubota; 02-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Default Re: Gusty last night

I used pieces of 3/4 rebar with angled steel blades welded on to them at the bottoms, so when you turned them they acted like screws and turned into the ground. My shelter didn't last, but the anchors were the only things left when it broke.

Sean

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    Worked the night shift and came home to this...... Its not my main shelter for the Bota, but overflow for the lawn tractor and misc crap...

I got the frame for $50 and made my own tarp walls and roof etc... It's mounted to PT 2x6x 16 and filled in w 3/4 crushed... I never did secure it to the ground... Just never thought about it... My large 24' one is secured, but never did this one...OOPS.

Was able to get 2 lines on it and pull it back over with the Bota. stayed pretty much intact...

as soon as the wind dies down I'll retarp it and drive some steaks into the ground... concrete blocks doing the job now...

Gusty last night-small-shed-1-jpgGusty last night-small-shed-2-jpgGusty last night-small-shed-3-jpg
    Sorry to haer the wind got ya. But be careful..........If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up. But stakes will help with the shelter
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota M5040, M9540, B21 TLB, B2710, RTV900, JD 325 Skid steer, KX-121-3 mini excavator

Most farm supply stores will have the screw in anchors.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

drive some steaks into the ground
    If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up

as soon as I read that I chuckled and thought, how long will this take...not long.
    real happy your stuff didn't get wrecked. Looks like you made out ok for an unsecured shelter
    in the winds that howled last night, our house was creaking away.

eat the steaks, pound the stakes...
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long solid bucket grapple, TNT, CA forks and stump bucket, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mowers, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2014 JD X750 diesel garden tractor, 1968 Cub Cadet 125 under renovation, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter, ETA heavy duty rake and blade, Northern Tools 55 gal orchard sprayer, tow behind 8hp Little Wonder blower,

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Yep..sure been drafty outside,lots of limbs/branches to be pickup the weekend,least there little to no snow get around for clean up.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

HarborFreight has the screw in anchors but I don't know if there are any HF stores in your area: 4 Piece 15" Earth Anchor Canopy Set

I believe they have other sizes available.

Foster Center, RI

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

If you can weld they're easy to make.

Sean

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

Dang! I'm glad no damage was done to your equipment inside. Good luck with the rebuild / modification! Wind Blows!

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Sorry to haer the wind got ya. But be careful..........If you pound them 'steaks' into the ground, the coyotes or skunks will dig 'em up. But stakes will help with the shelter

BAHAHAHA, Yeah probably do a better job,, cheaper too.. Delmonicos are expensive
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast