Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24 TLB

Default Re: BX25 With Chipper attached to PTO

Quote Originally Posted by CHDinCT View Post
    Yes, this is the procedure in the manual, but I find that you can just pop the seat up without having to actually rotate it into the rear/BH position. Just a little quicker to put back into the normal position when you want/need to reposition the machine.
    I went a step further and installed a "Chipper Bypass" toggle switch just under the right front of the seat, so it's partially concealed. I just ran a SPST switch(two terminal) in parallel with the safety switch (that keeps the PTO from working unless the seat is turned around on a BX.) Now instead of having to sit or reverse the seat to use the chipper, I just flip the switch.

"parallel" means that the new switch shares to same wires as the safety switch, just a Y connection to each existing wire so either switch, the original seat safety switch or the bypass will each do the same thing.

Bronze Member

I just buckle the seatbelt over the seat on my b2320

Silver Member George the Beagle's Avatar
    Tractor
    BX 1860

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    I went a step further and installed a "Chipper Bypass" toggle switch just under the right front of the seat, so it's partially concealed.
    And I went a step further than that, unplugged the seat switch and ran a jumper wire from one wire to the other, bypassing the switch permanently.

Tractor
    B3030, BX25

Quote Originally Posted by George the Beagle View Post
    And I went a step further than that, unplugged the seat switch and ran a jumper wire from one wire to the other, bypassing the switch permanently.
    I did too but didn't want to admit it in case the safety police were on patrol - but it seems all clear...

Platinum Member
    Olalla WA, Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    I did too but didn't want to admit it in case the safety police were on patrol - but it seems all clear...
    Thanks a lot all you responders; many ideas there. When I get the chipper back on I will try them all and decide what works for me. As to the manual, I have both the Operator and Shop manuals and they are totally silent on that subject. The seat switches definetily make the BX25 idiot proof for those who would probably get tied up in the PTO. As I use the chipper in a business; the Stae L & I will make me fashion a guard for the PTO. Thinking that over also.

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12