Catastrophic Failure

/ Catastrophic Failure #81  
<SNIP>Also,someone suggested that there was a reason they're called "junk" yards, well I've bought alot of parts from junk yards in my life and just because a vehicle is junked doesn't mean every part of it is junk, IMHO.

That's it for now

I'm the someone who suggested that junk means junk. As I stated, there is no way to determine before buying, usually at half new $ or more, (what with shipping/core charges, etc.), what the condition, or prior use or possible overpressure damage, (without yet having failed; associated risks) come with a junk yard part.
That being said, IF one is willing to risk their labor and aggravation time if the part turns out to be junk, then that risk could/can turn to a reward in saving money, if the part turns out to be viable. Not exactly a level playing field in a labor intensive repair such as yours.
New does not eliminate risk completely, BUT it does narrow down the possibility that the part you replace with new will fail again; IF you correct the condition that SEEMS to have caused it to begin with: the suspect PRV.
If for some reason you are wrong about the cause and some other factor caused the failure; for instance, prior to failure an instance of using the 3PH incorrectly and exerting enough pressure to stress crack the housing, then similar future use could result in the same end result. I'm not saying that is likely what caused the failure but one needs to at least consider it as a possibility.
Additionally, it might be a freak instance of an overly tweaked PRV valve, (by poor design ?), AND an instance or two of overstressing the housing and thus the 'perfect storm'. I doubt very much Kubota redesigned the housing in later serial numbers, especially if there is evidence of a PRV overpressure condition; however I am not privy to those details.
Good luck with the repair and hope it lasts for you. If it does, consider yourself a lucky guy.:2cents::)

/ Catastrophic Failure #82  
I wouldn't consider him a lucky guy. I would say he is a hard working guy who fixed his tractor.

/ Catastrophic Failure #83  
I wouldn't consider him a lucky guy. I would say he is a hard working guy who fixed his tractor.
Lucky that he found a junk yard part that costs half what a new one would, lucky that it's repairable at all considering what could have been the case, NOT meant to be taken literally...

/ Catastrophic Failure
I'm back in business again, the part arrived on Friday and was installed on Saturday along with a new pressure relief valve. After parts, shipping, UDT and changing the engine oil and filter while it was in the shop, it ended up just north of $550.

This is me --> :D

/ Catastrophic Failure #85  
I'm back in business again, the part arrived on Friday and was installed on Saturday along with a new pressure relief valve. After parts, shipping, UDT and changing the engine oil and filter while it was in the shop, it ended up just north of $550.

EXCELLENT!! What a 'Relief' , eh? :)

/ Catastrophic Failure #86  

Good work. Now work it hard.

/ Catastrophic Failure #87  
It's got to feel good to have the repairs complete. Now get it out there and enjoy some seat time!

/ Catastrophic Failure
It's got to feel good to have the repairs complete. Now get it out there and enjoy some seat time!

I'm looking forward to plowing tonight, we already have about 5" with more on the way