Oil & Fuel Filter change schedule

/ Filter change schedule #1  

PeterK

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24 TLB
My tip of the day: (It's not a big one)

Since my mind doesn't remember things like last oil changes, now I write the hour reading at change directly on the oil filter, hst filter, air filter with a sharpie. It's peace of mind at a glance.

/ Filter change schedule #3  
My tip of the day: (It's not a big one)

Since my mind doesn't remember things like last oil changes, now I write the hour reading at change directly on the oil filter, hst filter, air filter with a sharpie. It's peace of mind at a glance.

Me to (Hours and date) plus I write it on the front of my Orange plastic Kubota pouch. Barlows gives me one with each purhase that has my owners manual and all paper work in it.

/ Filter change schedule #4  
I write the info down on the underside of the hood in magic marker ie date, hours and service. I do that for everything (mowers, genset, washer and etc) I service except for my cars. At my advanced age I have to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find my way home.

/ Filter change schedule #5  
Thanks for posting. I have a separate folder for each piece of equipment or vehicle that I own. I put all maintenance records info in those folders.

/ Filter change schedule #6  
I keep a log of maintenance in an excel spreadsheet on all vehicles and equipment. I also try to "align" all with a mileage. Tractor on the 100 hour mark, truck on the 3000 mile mark, wifes car 5000 mile mark. Easier to remember that way.
Writing on the filter works for my generator and other small equipment.

/ Filter change schedule #7  
I've two of those white erasable boards in my shop office that I track all my maintenance data on, as well as your idea. Then if I'm going into town, I can just look up at the board and see if I need to get any filters or oil while I'm in town. At least I don't have to walk to the barn or any of the outbuildings to look at each piece of equipment. Makes it easier to track small engines that don't have filters, like the water pump, 4 cycle trimmer, push mower, etc

/ Filter change schedule #8  
The 3-ring binder I keep for each machine - two tractors, generator, boat... - contains the service manual, all the receipts, and a spiral notebook in which _everything_ gets logged. What, when, filter models/brands, oil mfgr. Everything.

It's the only way I can be sure to remember what was done when. I'm getting to the age where I could hide my own Easter Eggs...

Z.