Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24 TLB

Default Filter change schedule

My tip of the day: (It's not a big one)

Since my mind doesn't remember things like last oil changes, now I write the hour reading at change directly on the oil filter, hst filter, air filter with a sharpie. It's peace of mind at a glance.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L3800 HST

Default Re: Filter change schedule

Good idea, thanks for the tip.
    L3800 HST, Landpride 72" rotary cutter, Wallenstein BX42 chipper, FEL, BH77, 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    My tip of the day: (It's not a big one)

Since my mind doesn't remember things like last oil changes, now I write the hour reading at change directly on the oil filter, hst filter, air filter with a sharpie. It's peace of mind at a glance.
    Me to (Hours and date) plus I write it on the front of my Orange plastic kubota pouch. Barlows gives me one with each purhase that has my owners manual and all paper work in it.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

I write the info down on the underside of the hood in magic marker ie date, hours and service. I do that for everything (mowers, genset, washer and etc) I service except for my cars. At my advanced age I have to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find my way home.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Thanks for posting. I have a separate folder for each piece of equipment or vehicle that I own. I put all maintenance records info in those folders.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I keep a log of maintenance in an excel spreadsheet on all vehicles and equipment. I also try to "align" all with a mileage. Tractor on the 100 hour mark, truck on the 3000 mile mark, wifes car 5000 mile mark. Easier to remember that way.
    Writing on the filter works for my generator and other small equipment.
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2920

I've two of those white erasable boards in my shop office that I track all my maintenance data on, as well as your idea. Then if I'm going into town, I can just look up at the board and see if I need to get any filters or oil while I'm in town. At least I don't have to walk to the barn or any of the outbuildings to look at each piece of equipment. Makes it easier to track small engines that don't have filters, like the water pump, 4 cycle trimmer, push mower, etc

Tractor
    Kubota BX24, GR2120

The 3-ring binder I keep for each machine - two tractors, generator, boat... - contains the service manual, all the receipts, and a spiral notebook in which _everything_ gets logged. What, when, filter models/brands, oil mfgr. Everything.

It's the only way I can be sure to remember what was done when. I'm getting to the age where I could hide my own Easter Eggs...

Z.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan