Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #1  

texasfuse

Tractor
Kubota/7040HD
I presently own a Kubota 70 HP tractor (7040HD) as well as a Kubota 1140 CPX RTV, and need to do the 200 hour filter change on each of them. Buying Kubota filters at the dealer is very expensive. Does anyone have a special place to buy these items cheaper?

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #2  
i feel your pain, 104.00 for 5 gal of super udt plus 3 filters at about 30 each, plus 20 for engine oil. ....just serviced my little b3030 have to do the air and fuel filters later

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #3  
Just buy from the dealer and get the correct ones. What little money you save may not be worth it. I believe Thavil posted a place that you can get Kubota coupons...just my thought.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #4  
If sticking to the Kubota filter, buy several when they run the yearly / bi-yearly discounts. Usually about 10% or so. Depending on use, you probably wouldn't have to change the SUDT more than once per year. If you cross reference on filters you can save a bit, but how often do you change your oil and hydro fluid?

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #5  
As far as hydro oil, I get mine at Tractor Supply. Same rating as John Deere that I have. JD wants about $90 for 5 gal. TS was $35. I waited for a sale to get that price knowing the fluid change didn't have to be done immediately. Took me two months waiting for that sale. No problem!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #6  
As far as hydro oil, I get mine at Tractor Supply. Same rating as John Deere that I have. JD wants about $90 for 5 gal. TS was $35. I waited for a sale to get that price knowing the fluid change didn't have to be done immediately. Took me two months waiting for that sale. No problem!

Just bite the bullet and pay. You won't find a discount that amounts to any major savings. However, I buy from Messick's but shipping adds enough to negate any savings.

As far as Tractor Supply (Premium) hydraulic oil, it works for some applications. If you have a HST it is not the best or any other application that causes the hydraulic oil to get hot. Using it in a backhoe is a nightmare.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #7  
Don't know if you have kept track of the problems the military, aviation and nuclear industries have with fasteners, filters and lubricants from the lowest bidder?
Brand name labelled but Counterfeit fasteners, filters and lubricant sold at Bubba's discount supply has even more cheap junk in the high priced boxes. Than what the careful purchasing departments in the military, aviation and nuclear are plauged with.
For the little bitty difference in the over all operating costs of a machine. How does somebody think they are saving $$$ by not purchasing filters, lube and parts from your brand name dealer?

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #8  
Just buy from the dealer and get the correct ones. What little money you save may not be worth it. I believe Thavil posted a place that you can get Kubota coupons...just my thought.

I completely agree. Something like a Wix filter is fine but they are hard to crossover and there is not that much savings in a lot of cases.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #9  
Just bite the bullet and pay. You won't find a discount that amounts to any major savings. However, I buy from Messick's but shipping adds enough to negate any savings.

As far as Tractor Supply (Premium) hydraulic oil, it works for some applications. If you have a HST it is not the best or any other application that causes the hydraulic oil to get hot. Using it in a backhoe is a nightmare.
Neighbour only ever uses wal-mart TDH in his 120 hp kubota We use it in combine hydro's backhoes and excavator, Has worked fine for over 10 years .

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #10  
Once I know the WIX or NAPA number (wix's website is good for looking those up) I buy the filters off fleetfilter.com

The hydraulic filters tho are more difficult to cross reference, if they're even available at all.

And once you know the thread size you can customize which filter you want, ie pick a larger/smaller capacity filter or one with a different micron rating.