Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #11  
I know that tractorhelp.com has the filter a bit cheaper typically than my local dealer.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #12  
[And once you know the thread size you can customize which filter you want, ie pick a larger/smaller capacity filter or one with a different micron rating.[/QUOTE]

The problem with NON oem filters, especially HST and hyd filters is that most have built in relief valves that do not match the oem's. I absoutly would NOT "customize" fitting a filter.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #13  
One of our goals as Kubota folks should be to keep our local dealers in business by supporting them with our purchases. To me it's not worth the few bucks you will save by not buying OEM filters and SUDT for your machine. I spent a lot of money on my tractor and its just not worth it to put non Kubota filters on it. Penny wise and pound foolish!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #14  
One of our goals as Kubota folks should be to keep our local dealers in business by supporting them with our purchases. To me it's not worth the few bucks you will save by not buying OEM filters and SUDT for your machine. I spent a lot of money on my tractor and its just not worth it to put non Kubota filters on it. Penny wise and pound foolish!

When I had a Kubota B3030 I did as stated above. But I realize that different folks approach things in different ways. I did a lot of online shopping when I wanted to stock up on air/oil/fuel filters for my 7.3 Powerstroke bucket truck. Below are some links where you can cross reference numbers and/or comparison shop:

http://capitalandfilter.com/subscribe/show_cat.php?categoryid=F&db_type=product
Filter Lookup | NAPAFilters.com
Wix Filters & NapaGold Filters: FleetFilter Secure Online Store
Filter Products - equipment parts - Donaldson, Baldwin, Des-Case, Wilson, Ingersoll Rand - alternators, air & electrical starters, bag, engine & hydraulic filters, bearings
Oil Filters, Air Filters, Fuel Filters: Stocking factory authorized distributor of Baldwin Filters
Heavy Duty Truck Filters

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #15  
Some of you fellows seem to think every filter from every source has identical filtration micro size, dirt holding capacity and gpm flow.
Has nobody else here looked at lab tests between filter brands? Or heard tell of cheap counterfeits in a high priced box?

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #16  
All I know is SUDT does not work in my B2400. It was only after I switched to Amsoil did my tractor's power steering work properly. Kubota's products do not work any better than any other stuff. I'd love to find an after-market fuel cap because the one from Kubota does not work properly on my B2400. I've replaced it three times. I have to jury-rig the fuel cap to prevent fuel from leaking out.

I have no compunction about buying a less expensive part from anywhere as long as it meets the requirements. I usually buy my oil filters from an auto parts store. Same with the gear oil. If I could use straight UDT I would but it at TSC.

Also for those worried about the quality of some other manufacturers products I have this little story. My wife only wants to buy Clorox brand bleach. I ask her if Clorox has the only chemists in the world who know how to make bleach? Of course not, even the Russians know how to make bleach.

I'm not worried that a filter made by whoever is going to fail. Based on my experience, I worry more about Kubota making tractors that don't work properly and they can't or won't fix.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #17  
Texasfuse,

For both my bx2200 and L3800 Kubotas I use NAPA gold filters. Never ever use the orange FR** discount store ones they are nothing but wadded cardboard in a can. I think WIX actually makes the Napa filters. As for the hydraulic filters I have not found any crossmatches. Although I clean the magnetic ring on the kubota brand hydraulic filter about every 50 hrs. and always find metal filings. Would be worth looking into a similar filter that would accept the magnetic ring. Not sure about pressure differences between hydraulic and oil but give me some time on that. I think that Katahdin and myself are in agreement as to filter purchases.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #18  
Texasfuse,

For both my bx2200 and L3800 Kubotas I use NAPA gold filters. Never ever use the orange FR** discount store ones they are nothing but wadded cardboard in a can. I think WIX actually makes the Napa filters. As for the hydraulic filters I have not found any crossmatches. Although I clean the magnetic ring on the kubota brand hydraulic filter about every 50 hrs. and always find metal filings. Would be worth looking into a similar filter that would accept the magnetic ring. Not sure about pressure differences between hydraulic and oil but give me some time on that. I think that Katahdin and myself are in agreement as to filter purchases.

Someone was looking for a wix filter for a l3800 and I crossed it. I can't remeber what the thread was called.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #19  
I just get all my stuff from the dealer.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #20  
All I know is SUDT does not work in my B2400. It was only after I switched to Amsoil did my tractor's power steering work properly. Kubota's products do not work any better than any other stuff. I'd love to find an after-market fuel cap because the one from Kubota does not work properly on my B2400. I've replaced it three times. I have to jury-rig the fuel cap to prevent fuel from leaking out.

I have no compunction about buying a less expensive part from anywhere as long as it meets the requirements. I usually buy my oil filters from an auto parts store. Same with the gear oil. If I could use straight UDT I would but it at TSC.

Also for those worried about the quality of some other manufacturers products I have this little story. My wife only wants to buy Clorox brand bleach. I ask her if Clorox has the only chemists in the world who know how to make bleach? Of course not, even the Russians know how to make bleach.

I'm not worried that a filter made by whoever is going to fail. Based on my experience, I worry more about Kubota making tractors that don't work properly and they can't or won't fix.

Sorry dude but you know less than nothing about filters.