Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount
Great input from all of you. Thanks so much.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #22  
sticking with factory stuff, racor, or wix. anything else can be a 5.00 discount that leads to a 5000.00 repair. i have noticed a big difference since changing my b3030 from UDT to SUDT, i am pulling hills in high gear w/o bogging down, loader is faster, and once all the air was purged from the system the vibration has gone way down. There are to many people think an entry level overgrown lawn mower sould ride, sound, handle, and purr like their toyota. My first bota was a 84 i bought used, cant remember the model but it was 4 wheel drive w/o power steering, i was so happy when i brought that bx 23 home, felt like a vette ( but looked like a chevette) compared to what i had. I have always servied them at 1/2 the interval and always used bota parts. I have had great luck so far and hopefully a L39 is in my future

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #23  
I buy my lube and filter products at NAPA for my BX 25. Their branded filters are Wix. I took my engine number and the lube specs from the manual and they crossed with no problem, even the air filter. Fuel filters I use the steel housed one not the plastic Kubota supplies. I have use RPM Delo 400 oil for as far back as I can think, it is a super oil for diesel engins as it was formulated for industrial stationary engines. If you are a farmer you can get their fleet discount, as much as 50%. They also treat us retired military right with that discount. My guys check price both military and fleet and give the best ons as I have a small agriculture operation. I have dealt exclusively with NAPA all over west of the rockies for the last 45 years. I have always had outstanding service and excellent product support. That is brand loyalty. Give them a tryRon

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #24  
The right filter and oil combination is the one that makes the owner feel good about maintaining his piece of equipment. My old JD is 26 years old and pushing 2700 hours. Have I always run JD oil and filters? Naa, but i do use brand name oil and filters and change them both on an hourly or monthly bases which ever comes first.
What ever your personal preference, change them on some kind of regular schedule and adding an oil analysis in there every now and then will give you some hard numbers to evaluate your efforts.
There, those things make me feel good about my tractor, now if my first lady were that easy to analyze.:confused2:

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #25  
Sorry dude but you know less than nothing about filters.

As I look across america, all I see is car and tractor engines failing because of poor quality oil filters. (That's sarcasm BTW) What's the average age of cars today. Over 10 years. Car engines last routinely until 200,000 thousand miles. As a matter of fact I don't see any evidence that any oil filter doesn't do an adequate job. If there was just one line of filters that could be scientifically linked to engine failures the manufacturer would be out of business. I challenge you to produce scientific evidence linking any oil manufacturer with a substandard oil filter causing engine failure. You can't do it. If you could don't you think some lawyer would be all over it with a class action suit?

The F-filter may not be as good as some $30 filter but it does't have to be. It's still going to be adequate if the oil and filter are changed on schedule. If you feel better spending $30 on a filter, go right ahead. It's your money. But why stop at a $30 filter? Why not spend $100 or $200 or $1000? I'm sure a $1000 filter would be better than a $30 filter.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #26  
clean oil is the lifeblood of your engine. You may think that your oil filter is not that important, but this small, inexpensive part is far from trivial. It plays a vital role in protecting your engine from premature wear by cleaning the oil as it passes through the filter element. Each moving part in the engine requires uncontaminated oil for proper lubrication and long life.

A good filter has a strong canister that can withstand high oil pressure when the engine is cold, an anti-drainback valve that keeps dirty oil from returning to the engine without creating too much backpressure, a pressure-relief valve that doesn’t leak under low pressure, and a filtering element that can withstand boiling-hot oil without falling apart. The filter element also has to be able to trap small particles without restricting flow, and do it for thousands of miles. Doesn’t sound so trivial now, does it?

Read more: Oil Filter Comparison: Filter Fodder - Four Wheeler Magazine

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #27  
Didn't read through the entire thread, but there's an online dealer in Kansas that has decent Kubota oil & filter pricing called Coleman Equipment - can't put the link up now for some reason.

I've bought complete service oil & filters from them since they were a lot cheaper than my local dealers, and none of the cheap a** local dealers carry SUDT2, which is far superior to UDT. I run Amsoil synthetic engine oil in all my engines once break-in is done, because my oil analyses have consistently shown synthetics to be far superior to non synthetic or synthetic blend oils, which is even more critical in diesel engines.

I run, at a minimum, Kubota filters, but will attempt to cross reference Amsoil synthetic media filters when the time comes, as that's what I run in my on-road vehicles. Synthetic oil - synthetic media filters to go with it. Cheap oil - cheap filters to go with it.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #28  
My father in law worked for coopers ( cheap aftermarket) filters in the uk for 25 years and he said when they came off the line they just applied manufacturers logos , " you wold be surprised " were his words , most of the main tractor brands....!

And everyone knocks fram ..?
We had a 150hp JD with over 10'000 hrs that had a fram oil filter collapse and seized the motor back in the 90's . Fram stood the bill for a new short engine without any fight , yes we had some costs but we came out ahead in the deal :)

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #29  
clean oil is the lifeblood of your engine. You may think that your oil filter is not that important, but this small, inexpensive part is far from trivial. It plays a vital role in protecting your engine from premature wear by cleaning the oil as it passes through the filter element. Each moving part in the engine requires uncontaminated oil for proper lubrication and long life.

A good filter has a strong canister that can withstand high oil pressure when the engine is cold, an anti-drainback valve that keeps dirty oil from returning to the engine without creating too much backpressure, a pressure-relief valve that doesn稚 leak under low pressure, and a filtering element that can withstand boiling-hot oil without falling apart. The filter element also has to be able to trap small particles without restricting flow, and do it for thousands of miles. Doesn稚 sound so trivial now, does it?

Read more: Oil Filter Comparison: Filter Fodder - Four Wheeler Magazine

In the first place I never said oil filter construction was trivial. I said all filters produced today are adequate. If you believe otherwise show me the evidence. (As a side note, I'd never say the construction of any manufactured product was trivial. See this link Power of the Market - The Pencil - YouTube where Milton Friedman talks about the construction of a simple pencil.)

OK. I looked at your link. I'm still waiting for results from testing that demonstrate that any filter I buy is inadequate. That article just looks at the construction of the filter. It says nothing about any of the filters not doing a adequate job. BTW, you cannot buy a filter that won't fail. Eventually one will be manufactured with a defect and it will fail. Even the authors of the article are unwilling to recommend a particular filter or say any of them are inadequate. Let me quote: "Sorry, Four Wheeler isn't going to tell you which filter to go out and buy. Instead we would rather present you with all of the information that we have collected and let you draw your own conclusions..."

As for me not knowing anything about oil filters, I don't have to know anything about them. I don't know anything about building a car but I know if I buy a new car it will probably last 20 years. I don't know anything about making a pencil but I know I can buy one at random it will probably work. There are a wide selection of pencils with a variety of features at many different price points. Do all of them work? Yes. Are some of them better than others? Yes. Does the reader of the end result care? No. I know even less about making an IPHONE but I do know if I buy one I'll be impressed. Do I know anything about making a tire? No. But I do know if I go buy one it'll be adequate.

Does the tractor care if I use a $100 filter or a $5 filter? No. The only thing that matters is if the filter does an adequate job filtering the oil. And you've shown me no evidence that any particular filter does not do an adequate job. Show me some scientific evidence not just anecdotal stories. I have no particular loyalty to any brand. So if you have the evidence it will be easy to convince me. Just show me the evidence.

Here's another thought exercise. My Kubota is about 16 years old and Kubota recommends type CC or type CD oil. Of course type CC and CD oils are no longer manufactured. What oil should I use? Oil that is designated for gas engines or for diesel engines? If I use Kubota's recommendation, I can use any type oil manufactured today. Why? Because all oils today meet the CC or CD requirements. Which one to use? Should I use the expensive diesel oil or the cheap gas oil. You tell me. According to Kubota they all are adequate.

Again, if you feel that a $25 filter is what you need, go right ahead. It's your money. Do what you want with it.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #30  
You must be willingly ignorant of the laboratory tests of various Brands of filters. Back pressure, gpm, micron size and foreign material capacity all vary.
Vital in particular for air filters.
How many people do we hear touting the great engine care they give by performing oil changes prior to the manufactures recommendation. And how they are making the engine last longer. Yet they purchase the cheapest filters and oil that they can find.
Why do you think the nuclear industry, aviation and military pay attention to filter and lubrication performance? If it didn't matter , they would not care..
I do 't know why you are trying to pad your opinion with proof such as $100 filters vs $5 filters? If you were honest you would be comparing a $5 filter to a $7 filter.