Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #41  
Sorry for my ignorance and the slight derail but what's the difference between kubotas hydraulic oil and the stuff at tsc that's $35 for 5 gallons?

Brett

It's been a while since I've researched this. Keeping that in mind, very few manufactures produce an SUDT equivalent, rumor has it because Kubota is secretive about SUDTs composition. TSC sells UDT equivalent. The difference between Kubota UDT and TSC UDT is minimal. If you want SUDT equivalent you will need to spend a lot more money. My B2400 would lose the power steering after about an hour of hard mowing. I tried a variety of hydraulic oils, including SUDT. It was only after switching to AMSOIL did the problem go away. Here's a link to others with the same problem http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/83241-b7500-hst-power-steering-3-a.html After years of living with the power steering problem, after AMSOIL, it was like having a new tractor. As much as I hate spending in the neighborhood of $200 for a 5 gallon pail, its worth it to have reliable power steering.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #42  
Let me try to explain. Let's suppose no $5 filters existed. And only $7 and above filters were available. When a comparison was made between the $7 filter and the $9 filter there would be enough quality construction differences for some people to say don't buy the $7 filters because the $7 filters are sure to fail before the $9 filters. Some people would say, spend the extra $2 for the peace of mind. I'd still be saying that the cheap $7 filters were adequate because no data or tests exist to demonstrate otherwise. And people would still be calling me ignorant even though they can't or won't provide any evidence to support their claims.

Also if the $7 filter is better, why not a $9 filter which would be better yet, why not a $25 filter which would be better yet, why not a $100 filter which would be even better. How do you chose which one to buy? There is no question they all meet the minimum requirements. Why would anyone buy anything but the $7 filter. I suppose if you operated in some particularly harsh environments, like battlefield conditions, you'd buy the $100 filter. But if you are like me, where the consequences of an oil filter failure are not life threatening, I'd buy the $7 filter.

Sorry but you are not making sense. You are inventing the $100 filter in search of facts to prop up your lack of filtration knowledge and your love of the almightry dollar.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #43  
It's been a while since I've researched this. Keeping that in mind, very few manufactures produce an SUDT equivalent, rumor has it because Kubota is secretive about SUDTs composition. TSC sells UDT equivalent. The difference between Kubota UDT and TSC UDT is minimal. If you want SUDT equivalent you will need to spend a lot more money. My B2400 would lose the power steering after about an hour of hard mowing. I tried a variety of hydraulic oils, including SUDT. It was only after switching to AMSOIL did the problem go away. Here's a link to others with the same problem http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/83241-b7500-hst-power-steering-3-a.html After years of living with the power steering problem, after AMSOIL, it was like having a new tractor. As much as I hate spending in the neighborhood of $200 for a 5 gallon pail, its worth it to have reliable power steering.

What I don't understand is you are willing to pay for a quality synthetic oil that obviously performs better, yet you argue against using a quality filter. The filter quality is just as important as the oil quality. If you're buying a quality oil, then spring for the extra few bucks for a comparable quality filter and protect your equipment that is worth many times more than that of the oil & filter you are using.

There ARE differences in filter quality, which in most cases, relates to the price difference.

It's your choice, but again, it makes no sense to relay your experience with the benefits of changing to a quality oil, yet continuing to try to convince folks that cheap filters work just as well as more expensive filters utilizing much higher quality materials & construction. Your "relevant quotes" don't do anything more than discuss cheap oil changed at 3k mile intervals, which is nothing more than a marketing scheme concocted by lube & oil drive-thru joints, and does nothing to discuss the benefits that come from using more expensive, higher quality oils & filters.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #44  
this is really becoming a dead horse, i did another simple google to find some information. roll down the page and click on the name of the fiters and read the test results. i just looked at a couple but the 15.00 filter out performed the 3.00 filter.
Oil Filter Comparison Study - GM Truck Central

here is something else to think about, we are comparing automotive oil filters to those used on a tractor. It is very rare that my truck runs at 2000rpm non stop for hours on end. My truck does not spend alot of time @ idle, and does not spend it's life in dusty conditions.

To the original poster, no i dont know where to get cheeper oil and filter's for a kubota, and from all of this you can see why.

kubota engines go in everything from tractors to generators, when kubota is setting these units up they live on a dyno for hours if not days. kubota has more resources to create filters based on the extreme duty these engines live in based on their real world test's. i am sorry i cant provide a data sheet to prove what i am talking about but i have been to r/d departments and rebuild shops that build engines my b3030 wont even lift. 48 hours on a dyno with a cat oil filter, not a fram. i watched a harmonic balancer (thats that round thing on the front of the engine that bolts to the crank shaft for those who know nothing about engines) dance all over a room when it came off @ full speed during testing. All i am saying is things break while under load, if i have to pay 30 bones for a bota filter that bota decided was the correct for my engine, i am not going to think twice about it. if the bota filter was 3 bones i would buy it over the 100 bone after market filter.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #45  
What I don't understand is you are willing to pay for a quality synthetic oil that obviously performs better, yet you argue against using a quality filter.

It's simple. UDT, SUDT, Bobcat, TSC and others, all do not work in my tractor. If I want the power steering to work, I have use AMSOIL. Kubota SUDT is the recommended oil for my B2400. It does not work in my tractor.

I'm not arguing against using a quality filter. I'm saying use one that works. If a $5 filter works, use it. If it doesn't work, don't use it. If you require a $7 filter use it. Apparently everyone thinks the $5 filter does not work. Of course, when I ask for evidence they call me ignorant for ignoring all the studies which they fail to cite. Then I go on line, the first study I find says even the worst filters work fine for 3000 miles.

I don't know why you guys think a $100 filter doesn't exist. Donaldson Endurance makes one that sells for $101.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #46  
A cheap filter may work on a car for 3k miles but a good filter will do a better job.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #47  
It's simple. UDT, SUDT, Bobcat, TSC and others, all do not work in my tractor. If I want the power steering to work, I have use AMSOIL. Kubota SUDT is the recommended oil for my B2400. It does not work in my tractor.

I don't doubt what you're saying. SUDT2 is full synthetic and wasn't available when your machine was originally manufactured, but would most likely work better in a variety of conditions, just as you've found that the full synthetic Amsoil does. Same went for my 2008 B3030. It came from the factory with UDT or SUDT, but that stuff never worked anywhere near as well as the SUDT2 full synthetic did.

I can't wait for the 50 hour service so I can get the factory SUDT out of my new B3000 because I can tell it's not running anywhere near as well as the B3030 did with the full synthetic oil. The hydro whine is louder, the steering whines at full clock, and it stinks when it gets good and hot. Just like on the B3030, I expect when I do change over to full synthetic hydro fluid, all those issues will correct themselves.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #49  
I don't doubt what you're saying. SUDT2 is full synthetic and wasn't available when your machine was originally manufactured, but would most likely work better in a variety of conditions, just as you've found that the full synthetic Amsoil does. Same went for my 2008 B3030. It came from the factory with UDT or SUDT, but that stuff never worked anywhere near as well as the SUDT2 full synthetic did.

I can't wait for the 50 hour service so I can get the factory SUDT out of my new B3000 because I can tell it's not running anywhere near as well as the B3030 did with the full synthetic oil. The hydro whine is louder, the steering whines at full clock, and it stinks when it gets good and hot. Just like on the B3030, I expect when I do change over to full synthetic hydro fluid, all those issues will correct themselves.

workinallthetime said:
i just changed from udt to sudt and noticed a big difference on my b3030, from what your saying the sudt2 is a full synthetic with incresed performance? I was not aware this stuff was available from bota, got any idea how much 5 gal is? I recently blew a hose and the fluid was very dark, i did a full fluid change after fixing the hose with sudt. i plan on doing another service in 50 hours or so just to eliminate as much contamination as possible.
let me know how much the stuff is if you know so i can save my pennies. i will probably cheep out on the filter and just use a roll of tollet paper covered in duck tape, since filter media and microns dont really matter.

Not sure what happened to your post Workinallthetime, but I bought the SUDT2 in March of '11 from Coleman Equipment. Two 2.5 gallon containers were $85. Now they're going for $100.

The full synthetic SUDT2 is superior to the semi-synthetic SUDT. You'll notice a difference.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #50  
Not sure what happened to your post Workinallthetime, but I bought the SUDT2 in March of '11 from Coleman Equipment. Two 2.5 gallon containers were $85. Now they're going for $100.

The full synthetic SUDT2 is superior to the semi-synthetic SUDT. You'll notice a difference.

i deleted the post, i walked out to the barn and looked at the fluid i bought last time, its not SUDT it SUDT2 so that solves the mystery of the incresed performance. i think i paid 104.00 for the fluid, i was thinking great how much more is the "2".
my real world experince with the 2 vs udt is i have this 12 foot tall or so hill i have to climb everytime i go out in the property, when i am empty i hit in it high, with the udt i had to fether the foot pedal to keep the engine from bogging way down. with the "2" i know the hill is there but the b3030 hits it and hardly bogs at all. Now i do still get the stinch when i have been running the bh for 30 minutes or so, but everything else seems to have at least a 30% improvement.