Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #61  
Question for you. Will this stuff also prevent fuel gelling in the winter? Where can you buy it? Thanks.

this has a emulcifier in it, which means it binds the water molecules together, this helps capture the water in fuel filter.
i do not have very much experince in dealing with gel'd fuel systems since i live in oklahoma. i think i only had 2 or 3 trucks in all those years with a gelling inssue. I think most anti gelling additives are demulsifers which is no bueno, but again i am not sure.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #62  
I know this is subjective, but you guys really should at least call your dealers to get pricing on filters. I found that filters for my Deere are cheaper at the dealer than at the parts houses. Same for my Chevy truck. And while not cheaper, very reasonable for my wife's Honda.

So far the exception to above has been Bobcat service parts. While not really expensive, I know I could find quality parts a little cheaper.

Here is another benefit to factory parts: resale. When I bought my Bobcat it had a recent service with the date and hours marked on factory brand filters. That gives a perspective buyer a bit more confidence in the service that the equipment received.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #63  
I know this is subjective, but you guys really should at least call your dealers to get pricing on filters. I found that filters for my Deere are cheaper at the dealer than at the parts houses. Same for my Chevy truck. And while not cheaper, very reasonable for my wife's Honda.

So far the exception to above has been Bobcat service parts. While not really expensive, I know I could find quality parts a little cheaper.

Here is another benefit to factory parts: resale. When I bought my Bobcat it had a recent service with the date and hours marked on factory brand filters. That gives a perspective buyer a bit more confidence in the service that the equipment received.

And supporting your dealer ensures they will be in business when you actually need them!!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #64  

for the rest of the year at your gm dealer you can get a oil change and tire roatation for 39.95 with a 10 buck rebate to make it 29.95. dealers are reqired to use gm parts and mobil brand oil for them to perticipate in this. 5 qt max on the oil. Ford is also doing the same deal so why the heck would anyone do it on their own i will never know.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #65  
When I stated the SUDT2 would work better, I was referring to the SUDT2 vs the SUDT. I should pretty much be a wash between the SUDT2 and the Amsoil.

SUDT2 costs a lot less than AMSOIL.

I was wondering if SUDT2 was fully synthetic after comparing the specs to AMSOIL. It's NOT. From the Kubota website of frequently asked questions: Frequently Asked Questions

"Is Super UDT2 a Synthetic Oil?

Super UDT2, Kubota's proprietary hydraulic/transmission fluid, is approximately 75% synthethic. It is a multi-purpose all-weather tractor hydraulic fluid. It is fully compatible with UDT fluids."

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #66  
SUDT2 costs a lot less than AMSOIL.

I was wondering if SUDT2 was fully synthetic after comparing the specs to AMSOIL. It's NOT. From the Kubota website of frequently asked questions: Frequently Asked Questions

"Is Super UDT2 a Synthetic Oil?

Super UDT2, Kubota's proprietary hydraulic/transmission fluid, is approximately 75% synthethic. It is a multi-purpose all-weather tractor hydraulic fluid. It is fully compatible with UDT fluids."

Glad you found that, cause I was told the SUDT2 was full synthetic. I'm a believer in full synthetics after experiencing the performance benefits, along with oil analyses over the years.

The SUDT2 is a very good oil, better than Schaeffer's synthetic blend, and made a very big difference in my B3030. I'm going to seriously consider going with Amsoil's Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30, for about $35 more per 5 gallons, in my B3000 at the 50 hour mark, simply because I would prefer a full synthetic. I need to do a little more research, but this particular Amsoil product does list Kubota UDT. I just want to confirm that it meets the same minimum specs as SUDT2. It should, since it's sythetic, but I want them to tell me when I ask.

If the Amsoil meets Kubota's requirements at a minimum, then I'll gladly pay the extra $35 for what I expect will be even further performance improvements by going with a full synthetic. An extra $35 is well worth it over the next 250 hours that I have to deal with the oil in the system.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #67  
HA! You are lucky.

Two of my tractors use 15 gallons each of hydraulic oil. (Whine, whine)

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #68  
Bandit, how many hours do you now have on the new B3000? I'm curious to see how the SUDT2 works in the B3000. Thanks, Stanley

I have 28 hours now. With it being so cold lately, I'm not real inclined to make the change. My garage shop is small, and I typically do that particular service out on my drive where I have plenty of extra room to work, but I may end up needing to do the 50 hour service inside the heated shop space since I may hit 50 hours before it gets too warm. It's about time to get ready to order all my oil & filters so I can be ready when it's time. I figure probably another month before I'm ready to do the full 50 hour service.

I am very seriously considering going with Amsoil's tractor hydraulic oil now that I have confirmation that the SUDT2 is only 75% synthetic. I want to attempt to get a performance improvement better than the SUDT2 gives, cut down on the odors of extra hot hydraulic oil even more and cut back on the hydro whine even more than I found the SUDT2 did on my B3030.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #70  
I am very seriously considering going with Amsoil's tractor hydraulic oil now that I have confirmation that the SUDT2 is only 75% synthetic. I want to attempt to get a performance improvement better than the SUDT2 gives, cut down on the odors of extra hot hydraulic oil even more and cut back on the hydro whine even more than I found the SUDT2 did on my B3030.

Bandit, thanks for the reply. Boy, tough decision ahead. I'm guessing either one will work fine but will the Amsoil be the best? Certainly the small difference in the cost won't make a difference. I'll know you'll keep us informed and again thanks. Stanley