Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota/7040HD

Default Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

I presently own a kubota 70 HP tractor (7040HD) as well as a Kubota 1140 CPX RTV, and need to do the 200 hour filter change on each of them. Buying Kubota filters at the dealer is very expensive. Does anyone have a special place to buy these items cheaper?

Veteran Member workinallthetime's Avatar
    Tractor
    b3030 TLB,zd326

Default Re: Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

i feel your pain, 104.00 for 5 gal of super udt plus 3 filters at about 30 each, plus 20 for engine oil. ....just serviced my little b3030 have to do the air and fuel filters later
    equipment = L45 tlb, zd326p
    attachements = disk, pallet forks, box blade, 4n1, thumb, ld material bucket
    past equipment = b???? old slow no p/s, bx23 tlb, b3030 tlb, mf 175, jd301a

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Just buy from the dealer and get the correct ones. What little money you save may not be worth it. I believe Thavil posted a place that you can get kubota coupons...just my thought.
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

If sticking to the kubota filter, buy several when they run the yearly / bi-yearly discounts. Usually about 10% or so. Depending on use, you probably wouldn't have to change the SUDT more than once per year. If you cross reference on filters you can save a bit, but how often do you change your oil and hydro fluid?

Foster Center, RI

Tractor
    1999 Bobcat 763F John Deer 850 Grasshopper 723K H2

As far as hydro oil, I get mine at Tractor Supply. Same rating as John Deere that I have. JD wants about $90 for 5 gal. TS was $35. I waited for a sale to get that price knowing the fluid change didn't have to be done immediately. Took me two months waiting for that sale. No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
    As far as hydro oil, I get mine at Tractor Supply. Same rating as John Deere that I have. JD wants about $90 for 5 gal. TS was $35. I waited for a sale to get that price knowing the fluid change didn't have to be done immediately. Took me two months waiting for that sale. No problem!
    Just bite the bullet and pay. You won't find a discount that amounts to any major savings. However, I buy from Messick's but shipping adds enough to negate any savings.

As far as Tractor Supply (Premium) hydraulic oil, it works for some applications. If you have a HST it is not the best or any other application that causes the hydraulic oil to get hot. Using it in a backhoe is a nightmare.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

Don't know if you have kept track of the problems the military, aviation and nuclear industries have with fasteners, filters and lubricants from the lowest bidder?
    Brand name labelled but Counterfeit fasteners, filters and lubricant sold at Bubba's discount supply has even more cheap junk in the high priced boxes. Than what the careful purchasing departments in the military, aviation and nuclear are plauged with.
    For the little bitty difference in the over all operating costs of a machine. How does somebody think they are saving $$$ by not purchasing filters, lube and parts from your brand name dealer?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Just buy from the dealer and get the correct ones. What little money you save may not be worth it. I believe Thavil posted a place that you can get kubota coupons...just my thought.
    I completely agree. Something like a Wix filter is fine but they are hard to crossover and there is not that much savings in a lot of cases.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by gwdixon View Post
    Just bite the bullet and pay. You won't find a discount that amounts to any major savings. However, I buy from Messick's but shipping adds enough to negate any savings.

As far as Tractor Supply (Premium) hydraulic oil, it works for some applications. If you have a HST it is not the best or any other application that causes the hydraulic oil to get hot. Using it in a backhoe is a nightmare.
    Neighbour only ever uses wal-mart TDH in his 120 hp kubota We use it in combine hydro's backhoes and excavator, Has worked fine for over 10 years .

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

Once I know the WIX or NAPA number (wix's website is good for looking those up) I buy the filters off fleetfilter.com

The hydraulic filters tho are more difficult to cross reference, if they're even available at all.

And once you know the thread size you can customize which filter you want, ie pick a larger/smaller capacity filter or one with a different micron rating.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast