Snow good news, bad news, with snow clearing

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #1  

uglyboywith11fingers

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G
I watched the snow fall all day, we had no place to go, so I waited 'til the snowfall ended this evening to clear out our 200ft driveway. I was just about out to the road on my first pass with my BX24/B2781 blower, when she quit blowing.
The good news... I found todays newspaper that I couldn't find this morning at 7AM.
The bad news... sheared the pin/bolt on the impeller when the newspaper got caught in there.
The good news... 10 minutes later, a new bolt was in place, and I was back to blowing.

It's a beautiful night out there now, clear skies. Looks like we had about 12 or more inches of snow.
Hope it doesn't blow/drift too much overnight.

Pete

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #2  
There's worse things you can find w/blower..rock,rope,bottle,wood.

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #3  
We got about 30" from this Blizzard over here. I'm sure giving the B3030 and Meteor Snowblower a work out.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Blizzard 2013 EM.JPG
    Kubota B3030 Blizzard 2013 EM.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 386
   / good news, bad news, with snow clearing #4  
We got about 30" from this Blizzard over here. I'm sure giving the B3030 and Meteor Snowblower a work out.

Only about 20" for us but some pretty good drifts.

image-2754031842.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #5  
Had to run the B3030 a few times and help some neighbors. When you own a Kubota, you are king of the road.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Bliz 2-13 #3 EM.JPG
    Kubota B3030 Bliz 2-13 #3 EM.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 260
  • Kubota B3030 Bliz 2-13 #2EM.JPG
    Kubota B3030 Bliz 2-13 #2EM.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 320
   / good news, bad news, with snow clearing #6  
Went out to do a quick pre-clean of the driveway ... And promptly hit a piece of firewood, AKA insta-shearpin destroyer. That put and end to that idea. Wasnt going to change shear pins when the wind was whipping around at 40 kph ;) Oh well, the snow will still be there later when the wind dies down

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #7  
I got 6" of light fluffy if I sneeze and it blows away snow, I feel cheated! I did not get enough snow for them to even open the snowmobiles trails back up! I'm Sad.

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #8  
About 24" here with drifts over 5ft. Spent 5 hrs clearing my driveway and three neighbors. Lots of tractor fun time :)

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #9  
I did that once clearing my neighbors drive (young with no kids) and hit his frozen paper using my JD LX188 and 36" blower. About shook me off the seat. 2 winters later, I still skip his driveway. No more nice neighbor to him. Philip.

/ good news, bad news, with snow clearing #10  
Not having much luck with shears :mad: Wind died down so i installed a new shear in the blower (after having to modify a stupid guard), got about 70% through the cleanup and proceeded to break another shear on a piece of ice.. this time it was the PTO shaft shear:mad: Said "frig it!!" and finished with the bucket... Which takes probably 5x as long.. Gah. No luck at all:hissyfit: lol