B versus BX series

/ B versus BX series #1  

jpr62902

Platinum Member
I was all dead set on a BX22, but I think they may have gone the way of the Dodo bird until at least September. My dealer has several B series on the lot now so I might be looking at those. My main concern is the backhoe subframe mounts. Do you have to remove those to mount a belly mower? How easy (difficult) is it to remove the backhoe and install the mmm and vice versa? Thanks everyone.

/ B versus BX series #3  
Here is a website that is pretty close to what you will pay for some of the different "B" series tractors. when you add $6-7K for a decent backhoe you will be several thousand over the BX22. And you lose the easy detachability of the BX22 backhoe. Makes it tough. If you have a Kioti dealer near you check out the CK20 it is the closest competition to the Kubota I know of. I think the MF 2310 is also. No one in So. CA has even seen one. Then too Green may have something by now. They did not when I bought my BX22 in May. It is probably worth the wait.
http://www.kazez.com/~will/kubota.html

/ B versus BX series #4  
The Kubota B series BH's are 3pt. mount, so as far as I know, there is no interference with a MMM. I don't have a MMM, but have a B7500 with a 4672 BH and have been very pleased with it. With some practice, removing and reinstalling the BH isn't too bad of a job at all.

Greg

/ B versus BX series #5  
I think that you would be happier with a B series. They offer a bigger size and more horsepower. Not that I am saying the Bx isn't a good machine, but the B series can do more than the Bx. For a backhoe I would definitly want the B series. I would look hard at the B7500HST. If you can afford more I would look at the B27/2910HST. The B7500 is a great machine. If I am not mistaken if you buy the Kubota Backhoe it just mounts off the 3 point-hitch. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong there. The Kubota backhoe cost more than the Woods. I think that you will be happy with whatever you get but I would look at the biggest you can afford in the B series.

/ B versus BX series #6  
Hi,

I should be outside right now working my tractor! Came in for a break...

There is a chance I can give you an unbiased opinion to some degree, as I have a B2910 with backhoe, and just this morning took delivery of a BX2200.

The 2200 is the same size as the bx22. I am sure it is a fine machine, the bx22. But this BX2200 is in a different class from my b2910. Just like the b2910 is not in the class of other tractors.

The b series Kubota backhoes are all 3ph mount as far as I know. They are a bit of a pain at first, but not that hard at all to take off and put on if you learn the right way to begin with. I learned from a post here about a year ago.

While I wish the backhoe went on and off as easy as the loader, it still in not that big of a chore to put it on and off.

Like anything else, you won't miss what you never had.

I would not be happy with a bx22 after owning the b2910 with backhoe. If I had bought the bx22 in the beginning like I was going to...I would love it and it would do all I ask of it, because I would not ask it to do more than it could do.

Not sure if this makes sense...I say if you can afford it, go bigger.

/ B versus BX series
Thanks for the info, everyone. Here's some more food for thought -- the BX22 subcompact weighs more than the B7500 compact. The B7500 has a tighter turning radius but is actually not as wide as the BX. Kubota's backhoe for the 7500 is a 3ph mount (some people don't like those) while the BX's BH is frame mounted and apparently easier to attach/detach (sp?). Some 3 pt implements don't mount as easily on the BX and the 7500 can lift almost 2x as much. The BX's mmm is suspended (better cut) while the 7500's is on rollers. Every time I think one tractor has the advantage, I think of another positive for the other. What's a guy with acute tractoritis supposed to do? (I can't afford both).

/ B versus BX series #9  
But if you go with the B7500 you get a loader that lifts more, a 3-point that lifts more, a backhoe the digs deeper and stronger, and will accept all 3-point attachments. It's pretty much as always depends on what you plan on doing with the tractor(now and in the future).

/ B versus BX series #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Some 3 pt implements don't mount as easily on the BX and the 7500 can lift almost 2x as much. The BX's mmm is suspended (better cut) while the 7500's is on rollers. Every time I think one tractor has the advantage, I think of another positive for the other. )</font> jpr6902 I'm in the same quandry myself. I started looking at the bx, and it is the perfect size except for the 3pt htch. The 7500 is a better size, but I want a suspended deck and mulching capability. At this point, I'm seriously considering the JD 4110, cecause it has a full sized 3pt and still has a suspended deck. But, I have yet to find out definitively that the new back hoe is compatible with the mmm. It's just not easy. I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't think of anything but tractors... My wife is so thrilled.