Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #21  
Wild Bill,

Thanks for the tip. I checked and yes I doe have the additional hole for alignment. That will make my life a lot easier the next time I break a pin.

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #22  
Peter yes it was foolish on my part to put the wrong bolt in place of the right shear bolts. Lesson learned for sure and I will be going to my dealer to purchase the right bolts before I use the blower again. I had not broken a shear bolt sense I added the new skid shoes to my blower. There is a person in Maine that put me onto the material and what he did for his skid shoes. They work slick as can be. Dean used 1/2 stock and when I constructed mine I used 3/4 stock. Makes for more snow left on the ground, but I am not digging in and I can take care of the 3/4 of snow left behind.

Wayne

I like the skid shoe. Can you tell me where can I get them please?

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #23  
I like the skid shoe. Can you tell me where can I get them please?

You need to fabricate them. The material is UHMW Polyethylene and is available from a number of sites such as McMaster-Carr. It is almost as easy to work as wood. It saves shear bolts big time.

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #24  
You need to fabricate them. The material is UHMW Polyethylene and is available from a number of sites such as McMaster-Carr. It is almost as easy to work as wood. It saves shear bolts big time.

This is a good idea! I make mine out of 1"x6" pressure treated wood (decking) and get about 2 years out of them. How does the UHMW wear?
Thanks,
Barney

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #25  
It's around $29.00 for skid shoes and hardware at Amazon.com

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #26  
This is a good idea! I make mine out of 1"x6" pressure treated wood (decking) and get about 2 years out of them. How does the UHMW wear?
Thanks,
Barney
This material wears extremely well. It is very dense, very slippery, and can be easily machined, cut, routed, even drilled and tapped. We used to use it to fabricate water bearings for large hydro turbines where I worked. It is, however, more expensive than wood. :)

Dean

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #28  
Barney,

Got a photo? How do you mount/secure them to the blower?

Thanks
They look exactly like the picture above with the UMHW material except they are made from wood. I fasten them to the existing metal skids with 5/16" carriage bolts.
I took the existing metal skids off the blower and drilled two holes for the bolts, then cut a piece of 1"x6" pressure treated wood to extend from the metal skid to the front of the blower...like a ski. I cut a taper on the leading edge and placed another piece of the treated wood(approx.2" long to act as a spacer between the ski and the bottom of the blower and screwed this piece to the top of the ski. I then bolted the "ski" to the metal skid - the spacer is to the front of the skid - and the the assembly to the blower. It raises the blower ~ 1 1/2" off the ground. They really help on my gravel driveway.
Hope this helps,
Barney
Note: The spacer allows the ski to contact the blower so that the entire weight is not on the skid attachment bolts.

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #29  
This material wears extremely well. It is very dense, very slippery, and can be easily machined, cut, routed, even drilled and tapped. We used to use it to fabricate water bearings for large hydro turbines where I worked. It is, however, more expensive than wood. :)

Dean

Thank you Dean,
Barney

/ Tips on changig shearbolts 2750 blower #30  
They look exactly like the picture above with the UMHW material except they are made from wood. I fasten them to the existing metal skids with 5/16" carriage bolts.
I took the existing metal skids off the blower and drilled two holes for the bolts, then cut a piece of 1"x6" pressure treated wood to extend from the metal skid to the front of the blower...like a ski. I cut a taper on the leading edge and placed another piece of the treated wood(approx.2" long to act as a spacer between the ski and the bottom of the blower and screwed this piece to the top of the ski. I then bolted the "ski" to the metal skid - the spacer is to the front of the skid - and the the assembly to the blower. It raises the blower ~ 1 1/2" off the ground. They really help on my gravel driveway.
Hope this helps,
Barney
Note: The spacer allows the ski to contact the blower so that the entire weight is not on the skid attachment bolts.

Thanks I am going to look at my 2750 and see if I can figure it out.