bx24 doesnt want to move

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #1  

slainte433

Tractor
bx24
i was moving snow (carrying it to a pile in bucket) . tractor started to vibrate and didnt want to move up the hill. it has 95 hrs on it. it would move at a snail's pace

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #2  
Is the brake on? Is the fuel gelling up?

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #3  
I'm wondering if snow got into something mechanical under the tractor and jammed it.

/ bx24 doesnt want to move
it seems to move ok on flat ground...it just struggles on an incline...it acts like the brake is on but it cant be because it is fine on flat. perhaps the fue is jelling causing trouble under load condition of cimbing the incine

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #5  
A few years ago my Kubota was acting like that in the snow and I realized it wasn't getting to operating temperature. It was a bad thermostat at 50 hours. The dealer came and replaced the thermostat and I've been fine since.

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #6  
it seems to move ok on flat ground...it just struggles on an incline...it acts like the brake is on but it cant be because it is fine on flat. perhaps the fue is jelling causing trouble under load condition of cimbing the incine

Your temperatures have been in the mid to upper 20's at night and warming into the 30's during the day, correct? You shouldn't have gelled fuel at those temps, although adding Power Service to the fuel would be a good idea.

A bit more explanation of what's going on will save everyone a bunch of guessing. Tires spinning? 4wd engaged? High range or low? Weight on back to offset weight in bucket? What kind of tires? Tires at correct pressure? Engine revved? Engine smoking? Running smooth or sputtering? Did it work OK previously doing the same tasks? Adequate hydraulic fluid? When last serviced? When were (both) fuel filters last changed? Etc.

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #7  
there was a thread here last year about a similar BX tractor having trouble going up slight hills... operator thought something was slipping.
It turns out that the wheels were turning inside the tires... the tire beads had come loose to the point that the wheels would rotate with the tires not turning, and not loosing air pressure either. I don't recall what the solution to the problem was, other than remounting the tires using good bead gunk.

Have someone else watch for this as you can't see this happening when you're on the seat.

Pete

/ bx24 doesnt want to move #8  
there was a thread here last year about a similar BX tractor having trouble going up slight hills... operator thought something was slipping.
It turns out that the wheels were turning inside the tires... the tire beads had come loose to the point that the wheels would rotate with the tires not turning, and not loosing air pressure either. I don't recall what the solution to the problem was, other than remounting the tires using good bead gunk.

Have someone else watch for this as you can't see this happening when you're on the seat.

Pete

That would have been me. I have loaded tires and they must have had a little bit to much fluid in them. I can't really check my tire pressure easily, so I just had low tire pressure. The solution was to add air, problem fixed.

To the OP, is there any chance the brakes are hanging up?