Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #12  
   / Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #14  
RTV400 and 500 are gas (both built on pretty much the same frame).
The differences (as I recall them from comparing them in Dec):
The 500 has a twin cylinder EFI water cooled engine. The 400 has a single cylinder carburated air-cooled engine.
The 500 has a hydrostatic transmission. The 400 has a belt type CVT transmission.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #15  
RTV400 and 500 are gas (both built on pretty much the same frame).
The differences (as I recall them from comparing them in Dec):
The 500 has a twin cylinder EFI water cooled engine. The 400 has a single cylinder carburated air-cooled engine.
The 500 has a hydrostatic transmission. The 400 has a belt type CVT transmission.

Aaron Z

Yup..That pretty much sums it up.

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude
Well, then someone on ATV.com messed things up. Diesels dont have carburetors and haven't since the 1940s when they would start diesel engines on gasoline and then switch over to diesel once the engine warmed up.

Aaron Z

Hi, Aaron.

So, RTV would be good for so high altitude? Somebody told me there is one working at almost 9000 ft, but I prefer to be skeptic to take care of my money.

Thanks for the input.

Hi, dennisgw.

Yes, 500 and 400 are gas.

Somebody sent me a private message advising to buy a Can-Am because RTV would not be good for clayish hills. I must apologize because I forgot to say in my first post that I need my UTV for work. Anyway, if one is inquiring about a workhorse like RTV, it’s strange to suggest a sporty expensive toy like Can-Ams, isn’t it?

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #19  
If working at a high altitude and needing a bunch of power, I would look at turboing a RTV900 or 1100. From what I have read, an RTV can be sluggish at higher altitudes.
Do you have a dealer anywhere near you where you could test drive a RTV to see how it behaves at your approximate altitude?

Aaron Z

If working at a high altitude and needing a bunch of power, I would look at turboing a RTV900 or 1100. From what I have read, an RTV can be sluggish at higher altitudes.
Do you have a dealer anywhere near you where you could test drive a RTV to see how it behaves at your approximate altitude?

Aaron Z

Hi, Aaron.

Yes, and he called this afternoon offering the test drive. He will call again when it will be possible for him to get a trailer to carry the RTV to the right place to test it, at around 8700 ft. I look forward to this day.

Thanks for your interest.