Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #31  
Holy crap! 45 degrees? I'd be afraid to start going down again!

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude
P1010515 b.JPGP1010518 b.JPGP1010528 b.JPGP1010530 b.JPGP1010531 b.JPGP1010529 b.JPG

You see on the first image (515) the lighter part of the slope, then the harder part seen downward (518) and upward (528 and 530). Maybe you can see a bike trace (528). Looking at some images (531) I discovered the slope is lighter than I thought (around 17° on the screen). But a good "practical" idea of the incline is a horse slip on 529, with my foot for scale.

Now, you know that slope with dry soil. It's a quite different thing in rainy days with that sticky clay.

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #33  
That looks like it would be exciting enough dry, let alone wet...

Aaron Z

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #34  
Mine will climb a 45 degree slope easily in M gear you just have to back off the throttle a bit so it gears down the HST transmission.
When in 4 WD this machine has awesome pulling power and traction with the ATV type tires.

I went up a slope that was probably 45* on my BX.

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #35  
pictures can be deceiving but that doesnt look like a seroious slope that would cause concern for a RTV with ATV or r1 type tires. good luck

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #36  
I have climbed hills just like those in my RTV900 in relatively wet conditions.

/ Kubota RTV900 for steep clayish hill in high altitude #37  
I know ..I know. Old thread But ,,Wondering how this guy made out . I have purchased a x1100c RTV, Taking to 9000' elevation next spring.
Have considered the Turbo. But do I really need it ? I live at 500 ft elev and only travel to our property in Colorado twice a year.
But it does have a STEEP HILL to climb. Concerned ...........

Last edited: