Lost Reverse on HST

/ Lost Reverse on HST #1  

curtisfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
M7040, L48, KX121-3, RTV 1100 and a couple of older Fords
This past snow storm I lost reverse on my L48. Response between forward and reverse had been getting slower recently then all of a sudden, no reverse. Machine has almost 2,000 hours and fluids/filters have been changed recently. Linkages are all OK. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

/ Lost Reverse on HST
Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

/ Lost Reverse on HST #3  
No, unfortunately I don't, but I am heading to my dealer for some chainsaw chains later today or tomorrow and I will ask him.

/ Lost Reverse on HST #4  
Unfortunately I have never heard of this problem. But this will bump back to the top, perhaps a more experienced member will answer in.

James K0UA

/ Lost Reverse on HST #5  
I have seen this, snow packed tight at reverse linkage, thaw in warm building.

/ Lost Reverse on HST #6  
Curtis, since you just changed the fluids recently I would double check to make sure you topped off the fluid. You might be low there! Please let us know how you make out. Stanley

/ Lost Reverse on HST
Brought the L48 to the dealer, their first thought was a relief valve. There is one for each direction and since forward works, they are thinking the valve or o ring failed. Hopefully this is the problem as they don't have to break the machine apart to fix. I will keep everyone updated as to the final outcome. Got a price on a M7040........want cab tractor BAD! $47,200.......which puts it close to a M59 which would be more usefull to me, but no cab.

/ Lost Reverse on HST
Follow Up:

Dealer says $4,800 to split machine and over $4,000 in parts. I started another thread to explain the details.

Thanks everyone!