Snow Snowblower for Kubota L3130

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130 #1  

DJGTWO

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 JI CaseIH 75C
Has anyone had experience with a 3-point snowblower for aKubota L3130 (32 HP/25 PTO HP) or similar size tractor. I am looking at a Landpride 64" model that seems to be rated for the 25HP PTO rating of my tractor. But, since my tractor is over 68" wide, I would be driving over the edges of the cut. My dealer suggested a Walco 68", but Walco says it is rated for 30 HP or above. Since the gear boxes are the same, the dealer feels my tractor will handle it fine since I have a hydrostatic transmission. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130 #2  
I use a Loftness 841S attached to a Kubota 5740HSTC. The blower is rated 40 - 102 HO. The tractor is
Engine (gross): 59 hp [44.0 kW]
Engine (net): 57 hp [42.5 kW]
PTO: 50 hp [37.3 kW]

I usually can move as fast as I desire while operating at PTO RPM (If you are new to blower ops, always go full PTO rpm before entering snow, and after until the chute is clear, to prevent chute clogging.) The only time I need to slow down is if I am digging into plow compacted berms.

An hst transmission allows one to adjust speed of engagement and thus maintain blower speed (very important), so you could get away with a blower rated for a little more power than you can produce.

The 72" Loftness 721S is rated 35 - 80 horsepower. I encourage you to look at the Loftness brand. They are very stout with over-strength gearboxes a lot of steel (the 721S has a 120HP box and weighs 832 lbs). Light Commercial Snowblowers three point hitch | Loftness

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130 #3  
I have a L3240. This year I added a blizzard rear pull blower to my lineup. It is 72" and has done a fantastic job moving our big snows.

I was originally concerned about HP, but it really hasn't been a problem. The tractor will move a lot of snow, and at a pace I am pleased with.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130 #4  
I have a front mounted 6' snowblower on a L3130 and I'm very glad I didn't listen to the dealer and purchased the smaller unit. The smaller snowblower would not have cleared the rear tires which can be problematic. Go with the bigger/wider unit and if needed just go a bit slower.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130
Thanks. I will be checking this out, although from the web site they seem to be almost twice as expensive.

Thanks. To me, the HP seemed that it should not be the only concern.

Thanks. It was good to see a reply from a owner of the same tractor. Are you using a Kubota front PTO blower. I thought of that, but with my front loader, I am leaning more toward a rear blower.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L3130 #8  
DJGTWO,

If you were asking me about the manufacture of snow blower...

It is a Kubota model L2185. I bought it used as I couldn't afford a new one. The subframe is common on all Lxx30/40 and it adjusts for the different wheelbases and height differences between tractors. If you search my name you should be able to find a few posts about it when I was asking the group for some help.

FYI... I bought it from someone in WI and had it trucked to PA.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.