Oil & Fuel B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank?

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #1  

iplumb

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920
Hi guys, warm weather here today so I thought I would start my B2920 that I haven't run for a month or so to warm it up and charge the battery. Anyway the fuel was getting pretty low, all of a sudden it shut off after running for 10 min or so just like the key was shut off. Now the key doesn't do anything? dummy lights come on but it won't crank. :ashamed:
My question, is this a safety feature? So you don't get air in the fuel system? I don't have anymore fuel on hand to try just didn't want to have worry about this all night...Thanks for the help

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #2  
Check your pto lever and make sure it is not engaged.
Also move your hst pedal and see that your hst is in neutral.
Good luck.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #3  
Did it smoke or stutter before shutting down? Might be gel in the fuel.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank?
No smoke, just stopped. It won't even crank with the key? I tried checking the seat switch and PTO switch but nothing? I posted this wondering if it had a low fuel cut off? I will fill it up and check everything tomorrow. It did happen when I was getting off it? So we will see. Thanks for the ideas.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #5  
No smoke, just stopped. It won't even crank with the key? I tried checking the seat switch and PTO switch but nothing? I posted this wondering if it had a low fuel cut off? I will fill it up and check everything tomorrow. It did happen when I was getting off it? So we will see. Thanks for the ideas.

Double check your pto and the hydro pedal. I have not heard of a low fuel shut off on any Kubota's.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #6  
Just had "operator present" switch fail last week. PTO and HST interlock switches ok. OP switch/relay behind dash at top left corner.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #7  
When you run a diesel out of fuel, it will start surging. They start sucking air, and they rpm's will start to fluctuate.

Last edited:
   / B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank?
FND60 said:
Just had "operator present" switch fail last week. PTO and HST interlock switches ok. OP switch/relay behind dash at top left corner.

On a B2920? It did happen when I got off it but I checked the PTO and pedal switch.

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #9  
Do you hear the fuel pump or any sound when you turn the key?

/ B2920 Low Fuel Shut Off And Won't Even Crank? #10  
Yes it is a B2920.