B3200 implement size advice

/ B3200 implement size advice #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
I am selling my JD 1070 and am looking really hard at a B3200. I need something a little smaller for the property now that the heavy work is done. The problem I have is all my implements are 6 foot. I am sure the B3200 can handle my finish mower and my landscape rake, but how much of a strain will the box blade and the bush hog be? Does anyone have any experience with 3pt capabilities of the 3200?

Thanks!

/ B3200 implement size advice #2  
i have the older b3030, not alot of difference on paper. i have a 5.5 foot box blade that she handles with no problems, i even welded 1/2 plate to both ends of the box blade to add weight. i also use a 5.5' disc agin i added 4 - 75 pound blocks to it for more weight.
i do not mow with it, my owners manual says a 48" single blade rotary mower is max, however says "rear mount" mower 2-3 blades 72" asume thats a finish mower. funky chart to read but looks like the max drawbar load is 1100 lbs. maybe someone with an owners manual for the tractor you are looking at to give you exact #'s

/ B3200 implement size advice #3  
When I had my B3200, I used a 6' blade, 6' rake and a 5' finish mower. You will be fine with a 6' finish mower, I'm not sure about the 6' bush hog though. I also think the box blade would depend on how heavy it is in the first place.

/ B3200 implement size advice #4  
Perfect thread. I am looking to add a few implements to my B3200. I dont have my manual right in front of me. I will take a peek when I get off my butt, still working on my first cup of morning coffee. I was planning on a short visit with my bota dealer to ask advice. I am looking to add a 3 pt tiller and a brush hog.

Thinking a 5' Brush Hog and a 60" tiller. Right now I have a 6' Blade(perfect), 504 loader and a set of forks. The Fella next door has B3030, I will find out from him what he is running on ther back of that.

/ B3200 implement size advice #5  
I pull a SQ 160 BushHog twin blade rotary (5') with a slip clutch, and a BushHog SBX 72 (6') box blade wit my B3200 this far without any problems. This past week I had to tow out my Sierra 2500 from a snow covered hillside with a 20-30 degree grade. I used 20' chain off the drawbar in 4 wheel drive with the truck in gear idling as I pulled. I had my box blade on the 3 pt for additional weight on my loaded R4's and in low gear I was able to extricate the truck from 1' deep snow on grass ( trucks road tires barely kept the truck from sliding down the hill further with all wheels locked up!). Yea, I think the B3200 is a capable machine and handles the equipt. As above pretty well!

image-8444872.jpg

The photo is the end naturally after retrieving the truck from down the hill to the left of the house!

/ B3200 implement size advice #6  
Perfect thread. I am looking to add a few implements to my B3200. I dont have my manual right in front of me. I will take a peek when I get off my butt, still working on my first cup of morning coffee. I was planning on a short visit with my bota dealer to ask advice. I am looking to add a 3 pt tiller and a brush hog.

Thinking a 5' Brush Hog and a 60" tiller. Right now I have a 6' Blade(perfect), 504 loader and a set of forks. The Fella next door has B3030, I will find out from him what he is running on ther back of that.

when i was looking at my disc purchase i went to the dealer, he said " that little thing wont pull over a 4' tiller or a 4' disc", i can pull my disc in mid range with no issues even in loose soil. i hope your dealer has more confidence than mine.

/ B3200 implement size advice #7  
I have a B7800 that is very similar in size, I have a 6' woods heritage finish mower and use a 5ft king cutter rotary mower for a small field. The 5ft rotary mower is almost too big, I think. I have to use with the FEL in place for counter balance. The king cutter is very lightly built probably 500-600 lbs. You won't have any trouble selling a 6ft rotary mower. I love the power of my b7800, 4 cylinder 30hp Kubota engine with HSD. Fuel economy is very good mows at 540 rpm PTO speed with finish or rotary mower using about 1 gallon per hour of work, that is hard to beat. My neighbor has a JD that is higher HP with Yanmar engine that burns about 3-4 gallon per hour we both do about the same amount of work in same amount of time. I bring home diesel in 5 gallon containers he has to have a big storage tank about 300 gallons I think. The Kubota cost so little to use.
Good luck with it,
David

/ B3200 implement size advice #8  
I have a B7800 that is very similar in size, I have a 6' woods heritage finish mower and use a 5ft king cutter rotary mower for a small field. The 5ft rotary mower is almost too big, I think. I have to use with the FEL in place for counter balance. The king cutter is very lightly built probably 500-600 lbs. You won't have any trouble selling a 6ft rotary mower. I love the power of my b7800, 4 cylinder 30hp Kubota engine with HSD. Fuel economy is very good mows at 540 rpm PTO speed with finish or rotary mower using about 1 gallon per hour of work, that is hard to beat. My neighbor has a JD that is higher HP with Yanmar engine that burns about 3-4 gallon per hour we both do about the same amount of work in same amount of time. I bring home diesel in 5 gallon containers he has to have a big storage tank about 300 gallons I think. The Kubota cost so little to use.
Good luck with it,.
David

i read something the other day about Kubota being the largest suplier in the world for industrial engines, they seem to miles ahead of the rest of the rainbow on fuel delivery and engine construction