B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #1  

dtherrien

Tractor
B3300su
Hi,
I figured i would try to post this here first.
I want to check the pressure relief on my b3300su with loader and backhoe.Ive had it for alittle over a month now and Both seem alittle weak...when compared to my Yanmar 1500d.
I ordered a gauge to check the pressure and it should be here this week.
I am not sure where the pressure relief valve is? I would guess that shimming the loader valve would increase the pressure for both loader and backhoe?
My owners manual says 2205psi for the loader....but cant find what the pump pressure is.
I have been reading alot on here about hydraulics...but not much for my machine

Thanks
David

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #2  
Hi,
I figured i would try to post this here first.
I want to check the pressure relief on my b3300su with loader and backhoe.Ive had it for alittle over a month now and Both seem alittle weak...when compared to my Yanmar 1500d.
I ordered a gauge to check the pressure and it should be here this week.
I am not sure where the pressure relief valve is? I would guess that shimming the loader valve would increase the pressure for both loader and backhoe?
My owners manual says 2205psi for the loader....but cant find what the pump pressure is.
I have been reading alot on here about hydraulics...but not much for my machine

Thanks
David

Do some searching here on TBN - there's been a number of threads about upping pressure to improve loader performance. I did the check on my B3200 (basically the same tractor as your B3300) - and found that the pressure was a little low on mine. Never got around to upping the pressure - if I remember correctly the pressure relief valve is in the hydraulic ports on the pumpkin under the seat. I'm at work now or I could pull the info up to verify that memory.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #3  
The relief is under the right side console. It is in the loader valve. The one relief does the whole system. Unless there is one in the bh valve but either way the loader valve controls the whole system. Very easy to adjust.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief
Thanks for the replies.
Yes... the pressure relief on the loader valve controls the backhoe too. I removed the back tire to get a better look at it and you can see the power beyond goes to the backhoe.
Harry at BXpanded helped me out too.
When i get the gauge...I will take pictures of the whole process. Not much for info with pictures on the b3300 series. Next will be the injector pump timing.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #5  
If you have a FEL and BH mounted, then you probably have three reliefs, including the 3pt, and should be set the same.

You should know the pumps max pressure and set it to about 50 to 100 psi below the pumps max pressure. If you want less pressure at the BH, you can do it by adjusting the relief valve on the BH valve.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #6  
If you have a FEL and BH mounted, then you probably have three reliefs, including the 3pt, and should be set the same.

You should know the pumps max pressure and set it to about 50 to 100 psi below the pumps max pressure. If you want less pressure at the BH, you can do it by adjusting the relief valve on the BH valve.

The 3pt has a max breakout relief to protect it from shock loads but it has no involvement with the actual function of the 3pt. Just an emergency blow off and is self contained. Other than that the only other relief is in the loader valve which controls the whole system. Max pump pressure is governed by this relief. If it fails closed for some odd reason then the pump could go to max developed pressure.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #7  
Thanks for the replies.
Yes... the pressure relief on the loader valve controls the backhoe too. I removed the back tire to get a better look at it and you can see the power beyond goes to the backhoe.
Harry at BXpanded helped me out too.
When i get the gauge...I will take pictures of the whole process. Not much for info with pictures on the b3300 series. Next will be the injector pump timing.

Will look forward to your photos of the process.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief
Just out of curiosity...where is the relief for the 3ph? And does it adjust the same way..with shims?
Right now i dont think i would have a need to adjust it...but never know.
The backhoe will be on 95% of the time.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #9  
Just out of curiosity...where is the relief for the 3ph? And does it adjust the same way..with shims?
Right now i dont think i would have a need to adjust it...but never know.
The backhoe will be on 95% of the time.

It is buried in the 3pt circuit and no it is not adjustable. You wouldn't want to mess with it anyway.

/ B3300su Hydraulic Pressure Relief #10  
The 3pt has a max breakout relief to protect it from shock loads but it has no involvement with the actual function of the 3pt. Just an emergency blow off and is self contained. Other than that the only other relief is in the loader valve which controls the whole system. Max pump pressure is governed by this relief. If it fails closed for some odd reason then the pump could go to max developed pressure.

Do you have a relief valve on your hyd block?