Large tool box for the back? (L3200)

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #1  

ohbehave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 (2012)
I now have an L3200.

It would be sweet if I could carry my chainsaw, tools, loppers, pick ax, etc. etc. in the back.

I see a variety of "carryalls" including one from the local TractorSupply for $129 (most are well north of $200).

Frankly, the TractorSupply version is very much oversized for my needs. The horizontal arms are too long ...extending far to the rear. Looking at photos here, they appear to be as long as fork lift arms! I can't find the dimensions online, though.

I'll check the Tractorsupply carryall tomorrow in person.... if it's too long, can I cut the arms with a basic reciprocating saw?...or is the metal to thick and hard?

Otherwise, are there better options for carrying large tools?
I want to keep my front bucket open. Someone suggested putting my supplies in the bucket, but I'm going to be moving through the woods. I'd rather keep stuff organized in the back.

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #2  
I logged onto this thread to find a solution as well. I imagine one could build a box for the 3PT, but then I would miss the weight that the box blade provides. I recall my father making one of wood for the side of his tractor. It held the blade and had a small box for the oil/gas/wrenches attached to it. I never took pictures of it, but I am sure someone will chime in.

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #3  
Carrying valuable tools in the loader bucket where you can't see them can get expensive. I once put a nearly new chainaw in mine, then a neighbor offered me a cold beverage (Gatorade, not even beer!). Then when I got back underway, I saw a large rock that needed to be relocated. I won't provide the details, but I now have an even newer chainsaw!

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200)
I do have a box blade. I have thought of putting something on it that would serve the purpose of a toolbox. The top area of the box blade is certainly large enough.

I'm wondering if I could attach something to the ROPS, too.

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #5  
20130105_123446.jpg

This is what I did for my chainsaw.

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #6  
Ok thats a good start, But how about the tools/ gas/oil?

/ Large tool box for the back? (L3200) #7  
If you have a welder, Grinder, Cutting torch and some extra metal laying around you can make just about anything you want for your implements. My box blade is my tool holder for just about all that I need to have with me.