Snow What would be the most practical set-up?

/ What would be the most practical set-up? #1  

Tinman236

Tractor
Kubota B21
I own, since new, a 1997 Kubota B21 with a TL421 FEL and a BT751 hoe. (585 hrs) I intend to drop the BH and mount a 54" Bervac Blizzard B54B 2 stage snowblower. I cleared about 10,000 sq.ft. of residential driveway with the FEL after the 2013 blizzard. We got a solid 29" and a 36" windrow at the street. I think the TL421 and the B54B with remotely controlled chute rotation and deflection would be the best setup for this model tractor. I would use tire chains and ballast if needed. The PTO specs 13.5 HP. I would not consider a width greater than 54". And, getting some type of cab inclosure, is almost a must. Any practical advice or experience with this setup would be appreciated. Thanx Tinman236

/ What would be the most practical set-up? #2  
Sounds about right to me.
Just be sure 54" is about 4" wider than your tires!
Being hydro you can support wider as you con control the speed all while maintaining PTO RPM's.
I run a 60" on a similar (20hp, less at PTO) but gear tranny and using techniques can cope with snows up to 14" as well as serious berms.
With hydro you'll have no problems.

/ What would be the most practical set-up? #3  
I run a 50" blower on 13 PTO HP. The variable speed of the HST is key to making it work well in the deep stuff.

/ What would be the most practical set-up? #4  
Sounds like a good approach to snow blowing. For a number of years I had a rear blower and I attached plexiglass to the ROPS and that really reduced the amount of blowing snow coming into the driver seat area. I also added a Sunshield type cap and then ordered a Femco weatherbreak which really cut down the amount of blowing snow plus the weatherbreak also directed heat from the motor and made it nicer.

This past year I went ahead and bought a front mount snowblower and quick hitch so I can change over from blower to plow (snow blade) which works better for me. The front snowblower is a little bit faster and less pain in the neck from always looking backwards when I had the three point hitch blower, but the new blower isn’t made as heavy at the old one. sign of the times I guess, pay more and get less.

Attachments

• femco2.jpg
    femco2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5454.JPG
    IMG_5454.JPG
    990.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5455.JPG
    IMG_5455.JPG
    896.7 KB · Views: 126
  • femco1.jpg
    femco1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 138
  • goingtobirdfeeders.jpg
    goingtobirdfeeders.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN1027-1.jpg
    DSCN1027-1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 107
   / What would be the most practical set-up?
Thanx for your imput.Wayne--nice bota you have there-- Looks like u have snowremoval under control. Regards--Tinman236

Tig--thanx for your thoughts. I agree-HST is key- along with patience. regards-Tinman236

Piloon- Thanx for your advice-a 60" wide unit would be better than a 54"er as it would allow the tires more room around the cut. That would help keep the SB more parallel to the ground. Too wide a unit could create problems. Regards-Tinman236