Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs?

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #1  

stoyan79

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, TYM 4820CH
I bought my tractor in September 2011, new with 1hr on the clock.
I am using it a lot less than I first expected. Last 2 winters were weak and snowfall was negligent, plus clearing the field puts very little time on the clock.

Anyhow.

I have owned it about one and a half years now, and there are only 10 hours on the clock, should I do the 50 hour service?

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #2  
10 hours at 2 years old? that's tractor abuse.:D yes I would change engine oil that's it. And go with Mobil 1

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #3  
+1 on engine oil. Make sure you use a quality fuel treatment since it sits so much. Keeping the tank full will help reduce condensation.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #4  
Yes, what they said,, also if you would like to bring it over to my place we can help you put some hours on that lazy puppy:D I have about 120 hours on my Kioti, and it is 10 months old.:) Take good care of it and it is going to last you a Loooong time.

James K0UA

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #5  
Might want to look into long term storage treatments.

;)

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #6  
Check your manual to see if it refers to hours or time. I use my manuals as general guidelines and go by and ignore some stuff based on use; not recommending it, it is just what I do. My inclination would not be to change lubricants, but like murphy1244, if I did it would only be engine oil.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #7  
Good advice above but......you should take that tractor for a drive once in awhile. Run down to the hardware store......go pick up the mail......take the wife for a ride in the bucket.....something.....they like it....they really do!:D

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #8  
I would change the engine oil only also. At this point however I would not put synthetic in, need to break it in good first.

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #9  
I would change the engine oil only also. At this point however I would not put synthetic in, need to break it in good first.

New cars come with Mobil 1

/ Would you do 50hr service @ 10hrs? #10  
New cars come with Mobil 1

New diesel cars? The original poster can do as he pleases but if it were my engine I would wait, nothing worse than a diesel engine that slobbers out the exhaust.