New to me L2650 GST

/ New to me L2650 GST #1  

palinmajere

Tractor
Kubota L2650
Hello - I just picked up an L2650 GST yesterday. I was wondering how long it's supposed to take to shift between gears? It mostly comes to a stop before changing. It's about 20 degrees here. Do you have to use the clutch between forward and reverse?

Does anyone have any of the PDF manuals for it? It didn't come with any.

It has turf tires on it. Does anyone know what size the fronts are supposed to be? The prior owner replaced them with car tires, so I have a concern they're not the right diameter for the 4 wheel drive.

Is there anything specific I should watch out for on this machine?

Thanks -Josh

/ New to me L2650 GST
I just checked the sight gauge for hydraulic oil now that I found it and oil is below the gauge level. What's the correct hydraulic fluid to use in the l2650 gst?

/ New to me L2650 GST #3  
My L39 GST shifted pretty quickly on flat ground. If I was going up/down a hill it could get a little hairy. I never used the clutch unless the area I was operating in was very tight. For forward/reverse changes I would just make sure I was stopped when changing directions.

PDF of Kubota manuals are very tough to come by.

I would not operate 4wd until you can confirm the tires are proper size.

Kubota UDT is probably fine. SUDT better. SUDT2 best.

ac

/ New to me L2650 GST
I got a pdf manual for a few $ on ebay. I checked the tire sizes, and strangely according to the manual, the rear tires are the size for the L3450 or L3650 (355/80d20). The fronts are about as close to the size as seems available. The factory size of 212/80d15 seems almost impossible to find.

I found that using the clutch is not required between forward/reverse, or between gears. Only need to clutch to turn on the PTO.

One thing I didn't realize when I bought the machine is that the factory fan was missing. The prior owner apparently had a failure with it and just put in an electric one on a switch. He also neglected to tell me where the switch was. I noticed when the engine was nearly up the the red on the temp gauge. Hopefully I didn't overheat it. It wasn't boiling or anything, and still started the next day at 10 degrees without being plugged in and only 5 seconds of glow plugs.

Now to find the fan shroud, fan, and the extension that goes from the water pump to the fan. Anyone happen to be parting out a l2650?

/ New to me L2650 GST #5  
Rather than try to find a replacement fan, if the electric fan works, I would connect the fan (through a relay) so that it only turns on when the key is on and use a thermostat such as 3F11-100 White-Rodgers | Mouser on the top of the radiator so that the fan turns on as soon as the tractor warms up.
The electrical connections would be as seen below:
RadiatorFanRelay.png

Some discussion on the topic from some car hotrodders: where to put my temp sensor for my electic fan? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Aaron Z