Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540

/ Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Can anyone tell me how much clearence there is from the very top of my dashboard to the circuit boards? I would like to mount a billiard ball sized compass there, but im afraid of damaging the circuit board with the mounting screwes.

/ Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #2  
Beats me, have you check the threads by bullit94 and 4shorts, I think they have done quite a few mods on the GL; wish I could help.

/ Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #3  
I have an app for that! Sorry, couldn't resist. Philip.

Actually, I once mounted my Garmin to the hood of my tractor to confirm travel speed of the Intellipanel. Speed was right on the money, it also has a built in compass.

/ Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #4  
I figure you got about an inch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 119
   / Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #5  
Is the plastic cowling hard to remove? I would opt to go that route and make sure the screws will not hit anything or chafe on any wires. You could even put a little RTV on the ends of the screws, let it dry, and then put the cowling back in place.

/ Inlellapanel 2008 GL 3540 #6  
Is the plastic cowling hard to remove? I would opt to go that route and make sure the screws will not hit anything or chafe on any wires. You could even put a little RTV on the ends of the screws, let it dry, and then put the cowling back in place.

There's 4 bolts and one Phillips screw to remove to get the plastic cover off around the instrument cluster. Each of the 4 bolts take a 12 mm socket. I use a 1/4 drive and they are located in each corner of the cover facing forward to the seat. The phillips screw is up by the display facing you on top of the cluster display. Look close,its there but counter sunk. Takes about 5 minutes to remove. The hardest part is pulling up the cover around the throttle lever. I usually put the lever at full throttle and that makes it easier. To install, reverse the procedure :D