L245 what is it worth?

/ L245 what is it worth? #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
Auction coming up Friday. The tractor is one of 47 in a estate sale. This appears to have been used to mow the grass as it has 60" mower under the belly. 1600 hrs on the tach which is probably broken. The last245 I had was 4x4 and I bought it in 1982. The paint is rough and it appears the husband might have passed away 10 years ago. Any ideas on the price?

/ L245 what is it worth? #2  
Probably not a lot. I'd guess around $2k. 4wd and a loader might add another $2k. Good sheet metal and overall condition another $2k. Rank guess. Small tractors sometimes bring crazy high auction prices - more than they would sell for on the front lawn.

/ L245 what is it worth?
The answer is 950 dollars. Went to the sale along with alot of other people. 3 inches of mud every where. A nice grasshopper with the Kubota diesel sold for 2400 dollars. The little tractor was alittle rough and could not be started. 60 inch belly mower was not mounted and had not been on the tractor in some time . Out of 300hundred numbers the buyer was number 14. I figure someone from the family bought it. The auctioneer said it was running the day before. Took this with a grain of salt as there was no mud on the tires. There will be another one at another sale. Just not as cheap!