Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 TLB

Default ken's bolt on hooks on b3200 bucket

hello all,

i purchased kens hooks that i found here on TBN. My question is how did you guys mount the on the kubota bucket? There is the unsupported lip in the bucket which i bent already (before hook purchase) which is posing the problem... Does anyone have any pictures of how they mounted their hooks on the B3200? Thanks again for your help

Elite Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Default Re: ken's bolt on hooks on b3200 bucket

Congratulations on buying a reliable product.

Most people with actual experience mount bucket hooks in line with the FEL arms, where chained bucket loads are best supported against TWISTING. This is especially recommended for bucket hooks used on COMPACT tractors. Some people with heavier tractors/buckets, mount hooks further out for easier access on wide buckets.

I recommend 1/4" Grade 70 or 5/16" Grade 70 chain. You will probably want two lengths, one about 8' and one about 12', each with a slip hook on one end and a grab hook on the other end.

5/16" Grade 70 chain is most cheaply available from Lowes and Home Depot in the "towing" section, pre-packaged as one 20' length, with grab hooks on both ends, in a bag. Ask the store to cut it for you 8'/12'. Grade 70 is very hard to cut even with a diamond grit blade in a Sawzall. You need Grade 70 hooks with Grade 70 chain.

1/4" Grade 70 chain is harder to find. However, working on a hot day it is much lighter.

Your tractor does not have enough tire traction to stress either weight of Grade 70 chain, in my opinion.

My tractor is a kubota B3300SU / 33-hp / 1,900 pounds, about equivalent to yours.

I have used Ken's 5/16" bolt on bucket hooks, without backing plates, for over a year with no deformation nor deterioration whatsoever.

It is easy to mount the hooks but invest in two new, therefore sharp, drills and a punch, for the installation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0452-jpg   -img_0327-jpg  
    Last edited by jeff9366; 03-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

I installed a set of bolt-on hooks on my heavy duty bucket using backing plates. It's a solid install, imho. As Jeff says, it's a good idea to align the hooks with the FEL arms.
    If only I'd known then what I know now...except none of this existed back then.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

When I purchaqsed my bolt on hooks from Ken around 1 1/2 years ago, there were mounting instructions in the box.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota B3200 TLB

Jeff, My concern was the fact that I have already bent the top part of my bucket where you have your hooks attached to. I didn't know if the hooks were ok to be installed there or if I should go thru the bucket part behind that? I did get backing plates with my hooks too. I understand how to install them my question is more where, I agree with them being lined up with the arms which I was going to do. So I guess I should have said specifically is it ok to install on that rolled lip or should I go behind the lip but then the chain would be running onto the lip which I think would definitely bend. Hopefully this makes my question more clear, and thanks to all who have chimed in i appreciate it.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Can you reinforce the top of your bucket with angle iron and then bolt the hooks on top of the angle iron? Just a thought.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200

I will be doing this exact job this week and will post pictures when I am done. My bucket is also dinged and so I will try and use a hydraulic jack to straighten the top and weld in some angle. Think I may also add some 1/8 plate to the side of the bucket on my B3200 as well.
    Unimogdave

Tractor
    Kubota B3200 TLB

Very cool david, I just got my work lights in the mail today so I will be installing those and gotta figure out what to do with my hooks. Unfortunately I am not a welder or that would be my answer. I will take some pictures as well. Let me know how it works out for you. Thanks.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3350

My dealer here installs the hooks before delivery. They use the snow blower stanchion cut to size and welded to the FEL. The hook is then welded on to that. There is plenty of support for the FEL and they will lift/move whatever I chain up to. Great for removing small pines up to 3 or 4 inches.

Tractor
    Kubota B3200 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by sandyc View Post
    My dealer here installs the hooks before delivery. They use the snow blower stanchion cut to size and welded to the FEL. The hook is then welded on to that. There is plenty of support for the FEL and they will lift/move whatever I chain up to. Great for removing small pines up to 3 or 4 inches.
    Sandyc, I am not sure that I know what a snowblower stanchion is? Do you have any pictures of your set up? I would love to see what you are talking about. Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast