L3700 let me down

/ L3700 let me down #11  
The reason for the difference in numbering (LA463 vs LA524) is they changed where they measure it from. It the weight capacity used to be measured at either the bucket mid point or bucket edge, now it is measured at the pins.

/ L3700 let me down
I have not checked the pressure as of yet. Back when the BH pin broke, I had the dealer do the 50 hour service ( it actually had 30 ish on it) and asked them to check the pressure. They said it was all good.... But I can not with 100% certainty they actually did check. I think one of the main problems is that I'm accustomed to my Cat 246 picking up anything I can fit into the bucket.

/ L3700 let me down #13  
My L3700 was low, I have it set at 2500psi and it made all the difference in the world. Also set one of my friends L3400 this past weekend, first time we shimmed it it went to 2600 and he wanted it there. His frown is now a smile.

/ L3700 let me down #14  
I don't think it will do it. Not at 2.5 feet out. I have the LA482 loader which is close to the same. Looking at the LA482 specs I can pick 1225 lb at the pivot points, 1060 lb (482 kg) bucket mid point or 10" out, 905 lb at cutting edge or 20" out. So you can see it drops off fast. And don't forget ... you have to subtract the bucket weight. I have the round 60" bucket which weighs 308 lbs. The square 60" bucket is 212 lbs. Thats abot 20% gone right there !!!
If your lift cylinders are 1.75" like mine then you will gain about 250 lbs at each cylinders for each 100 psi you raise you system pressure. You have to be a mathamatician to figure how much more lift that actually gives you from all that geometry. You should be able to gain a little just by adjusting your relief valve on the loader valve up.

/ L3700 let me down
I don't know what my forks weigh, I imagine they are north of 250 lbs. they are Cat skidsteer brand and are beefy. I suppose I need to build a pressure gauge and a washer........or .....trade it?

/ L3700 let me down #17  
I don't know what my forks weigh, I imagine they are north of 250 lbs. they are Cat skidsteer brand and are beefy. I suppose I need to build a pressure gauge and a washer........or .....trade it?

It is what it is, most other compatible tractors ($ wise anyway) are going to be similar. Since you have a skid steer, does it really matter?

/ L3700 let me down
It is what it is, most other compatible tractors ($ wise anyway) are going to be similar. Since you have a skid steer, does it really matter?

Eeeech. I would say yes it is does. The SS is brutal on the lawn, around the driveway and just about anywhere there is finished areas. I was hoping to be able to remove the sander from the bed of the truck and place it on a trailer for the summer with the tractor, mainly because it is easier to move without jerking and hopping on asphalt. And if it is possible to get my loader to do it, it is worth it to me.

/ L3700 let me down #19  
Eeeech. I would say yes it is does. The SS is brutal on the lawn, around the driveway and just about anywhere there is finished areas. I was hoping to be able to remove the sander from the bed of the truck and place it on a trailer for the summer with the tractor, mainly because it is easier to move without jerking and hopping on asphalt. And if it is possible to get my loader to do it, it is worth it to me.

I have no doubt there's a certain margin built in by Kubota, but a stronger FEL is a selling point and Kubota wants it to be as strong as it can be while not damaging the FEL or the tractor. If you could gain 500 lbs of lift by cranking the pressure up without doing any harm, wouldn't Kubota do that and splash it all over the glossy sales brochure? You may be over stressing the front axle or doing other damage you're not aware of.

I had a bit of a lemon Kioti, so I had some incentive to bail out but one of the other BIG reasons I traded is because I wanted a FEL that could move a full face cord of firewood on a pallet. The FEL on my new Kioti is 2.5X stronger, and I need and use that extra strength. BUT, I only need it for a couple of tasks, otherwise the old FEL would have been fine. Since you have a SS, you have the right tool when you need it and if the L3700 is good enough the other 95% of the time, is it really worth the expense of trading and upgrading?

/ L3700 let me down
So it was off to the dealer to get a few washers to have in inventory, Brought along a friend of mine that had been on the fence with a bit of Kubota envy. Well....we pick up his new BX25 tomorrow as well as my washers.....Peer pressure...peer pressure.