L3700 let me down

/ L3700 let me down #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
Well, I pulled the sander out of the back of my dump truck this afternoon, Went over to lift it out with the L3700 and a pair of Cat forks, No go ! With the loader all the way up and the chain wrapped around the forks about 2 1/2 feet away from the bucket pivot...It did not have the sack to curl and lift a 800 LB sander.....Depressing. Had to finish the job with my skidsteer. Im thinking the loader is just a glorified wheel barrel

/ L3700 let me down #2  
If I understand the specs right, even with the 2 1/2 foot extension from the pivot, it should have been able to lift that 800 pounds. Maybe your pressure is low. There is a lot of discussion here about low pressure. The specs are written at about 17 to 18 inches from the pivot for bucket rollback and it is around 2000 pounds, again if I am reading the specs right.

/ L3700 let me down
I too think it should be capable of lifting and curling it as well...but it can't.

/ L3700 let me down #4  
I too think it should be capable of lifting and curling it as well...but it can't.

Time for a pressure check..it should have done it in my opinion.. When I had the L3400HST I believed it to be on spec as for what it would lift and curl or maybe a little better than spec. I have lifted the rears in the air with a 750 lb ballast barrel on the back, before I filled the rear tires.. What I am trying to say is the La463 loader was never wimpy.

James K0UA

/ L3700 let me down #6  
Doesn't sound good. My parents have a L3200 and it will lift a 1000lb round bale to full height.

/ L3700 let me down #7  
This doesn't surprise me at all and I don't think you should bother looking at the pressure. That is simply WAY more than that loader can handle. Going by the specs at tractordata.com, the loader can lift 1142lbs to full height at the pivot point. At 500 mm (0.5 meters = approx 1.6 ft), it's down to 853lbs. Now unless your forks weigh less than 53lbs, the results are to be expected at 1.6ft in front of the pp, but you're 2.5 feet at full height.

My Kioti CK30 could out curl what it could lift and my Kioti DK45 can out lift what it can curl. Each is a little different, but lift cap. and curl cap are usually close.

TractorData.com Kubota L3700SU tractor attachments information

/ L3700 let me down #8  
My L3800 can easily lift 800 lbs, don't see why the 3700 can't, unless it has a lesser loader?

/ L3700 let me down #9  
My L3800 can easily lift 800 lbs, don't see why the 3700 can't, unless it has a lesser loader?

There's a very big difference between lifting 800# 2ft off the ground in the bucket of your tractor and lifting 800# at your loaders full height at the end of 4ft of pallet fork. The geometry of your load changes drastically as it raises in height.

The name of the Kubota loader represents it's lifting capacity. The L3700 has a LA463 FEL. The 463 is the lifting capacity in KG (I was recently corrected on this point and it's actually 460 KG, the 3 is the version number). You have an LA524, which should mean it's the 4th version with a 520 KG lift capacity and stronger than the OP's loader.

/ L3700 let me down #10  
There's a very big difference between lifting 800# 2ft off the ground in the bucket of your tractor and lifting 800# at your loaders full height at the end of 4ft of pallet fork. The geometry of your load changes drastically as it raises in height.

The name of the Kubota loader represents it's lifting capacity. The L3700 has a LA463 FEL. The 463 is the lifting capacity in KG (I was recently corrected on this point and it's actually 460 KG, the 3 is the version number). You have an LA524, which should mean it's the 4th version with a 520 KG lift capacity and stronger than the OP's loader.

Hmm.. from the Kubota spec. website for the La524... shows 1131 lbs at the pivot pin.. I thought we had all agreed some time back when the L3800' came out, that the LA524 loader while restyled, and quite a bit different than the La463, the lift capacity was about the same. The La524 is more accurate following of the numbering plan, but as far as I know the LA463 and the LA524 will lift the same.. The pressure will make a big difference. Several of the guys with the LA463 have adjusted them up a bit, to lift as much as 1400 lbs. at the pivot.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Tractors | L Series | L3200 L3800

James K0UA