chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #1  

moonstruck

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have a B7800 with loader and box blade. I am interested in having chain hooks welded on the bucket for dragging logs etc. I would appreciate some members posting pictures of theirs to see how they are welded on etc. I don't know whether to use non slip chain hooks and not sure how many and how to mount. Any replies appreciated.

Moonstuck

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #2  
Good evening moonstruck:
I will attempt to attach a pic showing my single chain hook that is welded to my la211 fel. I would go with the kind of hook that will allow a choke chain to be quickly attached to the hook. My hook is welded in the center and I am guessing that is because I have but one hydraulic piston and that is attached to the center.
If you are going to do heavy lifting I would weld three hooks on the bucket. One in the center and one on each side.

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #4  
Moonstruck,
Do a search on bucket hooks and you should find tons of photos.

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #6  
Stole this idea from another poster. Chains are dropped in the slots, and can go either way (bi-chainual?) around the bucket. Had a need to keep the chain almost against the ground last Winter when doing a rescue of #3 Son's Z28. The chain was wrapped under the bucket so it wrapped around the back to hook it on the top. Unused slots are handy for keeping excess chain out of the way......................chim

Attachments

• 298979-Hooks.jpg
    298979-Hooks.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 507
   / chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket
Henro,

Great pictures and really nice welding job. I would love to have mine done like yours! I doubt if I will take a welding course but I might show the pics to a welding shop and see what they would charge for it. Thanks for the help!

Moonstruck

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket
Chim,

Another great idea! Thanks for the help!

Moonstruck

/ chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #9  
My dealer did this for me on my B7500. I really like having the 2 different size hooks.

Greg

Attachments

• 299069-LoaderHooks.jpg
    299069-LoaderHooks.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 457
   / chain hooks for B7800 loader bucket #10  
<font color="blue"> I doubt if I will take a welding course but I might show the pics to a welding shop and see what they would charge for it. </font>

moonstruck (and anyone else who might read this...)

I don't have many regrets in this life, but one I do have is not learning to do basic welding sooner. I am 56...I should have learned basic welding when I was 26...

So I would advise anybody to take a welding class. It is really a meaningful thing to do.

Try it, you'll like it!!!!