M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat?
I would expect it is normal. Kubotas have open center hydraulics which means you will have full flow through the valves all the time.

That sounds awesome to me, I'm glad it sounds normal, I just didn't want to damage the hydraulic pump or anything. Thanks!

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #22  
That sounds awesome to me, I'm glad it sounds normal, I just didn't want to damage the hydraulic pump or anything. Thanks!

As long as your 3pt is not bypassing at the top I expect it is normal. Of course you must realize that I am guessing at this point because I can't hear it. If you are new to tractors and new to this one then I am betting it is A-ok. If you have a mechanic friend you can call on then that might be a good idea too, just for and educated opinion.
The 3pt bypassing is quite obvious. The tractor will be laboring slightly at idle and there will be a definite sound that will disappear once you lower the 3pt.

Yeah my dad is a retired diesel mechanic with a good back ground in hydraulics too, I have been around farming and tractors all my life (Massey ferguson, Mahindra and so on) but we hadn't heard one do that but this is my first kubota so I was curious about a few things.

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #24  
Yeah your right I should call them and just double check, doesn't cost anything to ask

I don't want to trouble you but I appreciate the help, it sounds more like the sound is coming from around the hydraulic valves on the back of the tractor instead of under the seat.

I'll walk over today and let you know. But you should still call the dealer, in my opinion.

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #25  
I have a '11 M7040 HDC with 216 hrs on the tach and it doesn't make a hissing noise. I listened while I unloaded 34 rd bales off a truck just now. nauxier16 I recommend that you notify your dealer

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #26  
I'll walk over today and let you know. But you should still call the dealer, in my opinion.

OK, I gave it a test drive and noted the exhaust was pretty loud and made sounds hard to hear. I tried all sorts of combinations of driving or not, RPM or not, hitch up or down in combo with draft control and I got no hissing. His trans is the basic four speed HI-LOW with reverser on the column. There is also an upgrade trans that is hydraulic operated or whatever but I am not familiar with that.

It's probably something simple but I don't have an answer. Call the dealer. Just a long shot here but have you checked the trans fluid level? What things are you doing or not doing that changes the sound or pitch of the noise?

On the plus side, I got more than a mile's worth of walking exercise today that I needed.

Yeah mine is the hydraulic shuttle also but I will call my dealer and ask just to make sure nothing is wrong, thanks for the help!

I called my dealer today and he said the 3 point hitch is adjusted to high and fluid is going through the pop off valve and he told me how to adjust it so I will try it tonight and let everyone know what happens

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #29  
Good to hear...figured something easy.
What a wonderful tractor the M7040 is. Any details or photos of yours? Options? Weights? Loader? Plans?

/ M7040 "hissing" noise from under seat? #30  
Good to hear...figured something easy.
What a wonderful tractor the M7040 is. Any details or photos of yours? Options? Weights? Loader? Plans?