Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #22  
That looks like an intriguing concept in conjunction with the iso pad, and they have a weather/exposure option: "For marine applications we can offer 316 stainless steel for the inner tube and EPDM"

chim, is there a size chart for the product line?

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting
Chim, that makes a lot of sense but the only problem I see with the B3030 is that there isn't a lot of room between the bolt and the floor. Can you suggest a remedy for this? Thanks for your advice.

The part where I'm installing the waffle pad has No bolts to the HST, just the weight of the floor, operator and fenders sits down on this spot. The waffle pad will have no place to move and does not need to be bolted down.
There are two other spots where the floor is bolted down which maybe I could use something like that.
Thank you chim for your help and suggestions I will look into that.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #24  
RFB - When I was in the field, the rep for Korfund, Amber/Booth or Mason Industries did most of the legwork for assembling the product submittals. We provided them with the loaded weights of the equipment and piping systems. They gave us catalog cuts of the proposed isolators. I just recall seeing something similar to that shown in the link. Sorry but I don't have more useful info. Grainger handles some of these materials.

WaxMan - I misunderstood and thought you were doing bolted connections.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #25  
Think of the floor as drum or a speaker. If you can create the noise without anything on the floor and dampen your finger and very lightly touch the floor all over and you will find where it is vibrating. then use some heavy relatively high durometer rubber with adhesive to change the frequency. the key is that everything has a natural frequency and when the exciter gets close to the natural frequency of the transmitter it excites and you have noise. If you can change the frequency of one or the other enough to have the frequencies be opposite you cancel the noise out. I know this is easier said than done but it is doable.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting
Think of the floor as drum or a speaker. If you can create the noise without anything on the floor and dampen your finger and very lightly touch the floor all over and you will find where it is vibrating. then use some heavy relatively high durometer rubber with adhesive to change the frequency. the key is that everything has a natural frequency and when the exciter gets close to the natural frequency of the transmitter it excites and you have noise. If you can change the frequency of one or the other enough to have the frequencies be opposite you cancel the noise out. I know this is easier said than done but it is doable.
I'll bet you could do a good job tuning my drum set. Sounds like you can do some serious fine tuning.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #27  
Spent too much time around cars - fuel tanks, door panels, floor pans, etc. A lot of tuning goes on. Although I m not an electronics guy the one I find the most interesting is the exhaust systems where they measure the frequencies based on the engine and the load and electronically create noise to cancel/dampen or change the exhaust noise to what is desired.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #28  
Waxman, let us know which thickness pad ends up working. Your project is essentially what I was planning on doing to my B3000, so I'll be very interested to hear about your results.

In addition, I'm trying to decide if I should add dynamat type stuff on the underside of the seat pan - not sure how much difference it'll make. I did find a product that supposedly has significantly less asphalt odor, since some of the dynamat products will off-gas for months in that small cab space. My plan was to install the mat on the underside (outside the cab) wherever possible. Also found a more dense foam isolation mat that I will probably use between the floor and rubber floor mat in place of the foam mat that Kubota provides.

I suspect your project will net some pretty impressive results. Only reason I haven't started on mine yet is that we are probably not done with the massive spring snow storms, but now that I've seen your dissasembly pics, I can start ordering all the components. I definitely like the idea of that rubber vibration isolation mat. :thumbsup:

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #29  
Another B3000 user here, and I am very interested in this project as well as the dirt/dust migration solution.

As an aside, on my previous L5030, I removed the roof and installed the aluminized bubble foil insulation onto the underside of the cab roof to cut down on heat transfer.
Have any of you done this or similar with a B3030 or 3000?

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #30  
I just finished adding some Bubble foil insulation to the underside of the cab roof of my B3030 a few days ago. Time will tell later this summer how well this will work. I'm still trying to come up with something to do a better job of keeping the dust out of the cab.