Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Default Re: Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting

Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post
    dynamat is rather expensive and mostly paying for the name. Check ebay for similar products that use same material and with greater thickness with no name attached like mentioned. At a fraction of the cost
    My JD dream cab and your talking about price?
    chin do you have insulation on the underside of your floor panels? As you saw what I'm doing to mine. I wonder what JD has done.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack Inclinometer.FEL Indicator ICC Lights..Tilt Wheel ..
    Fel Knob Bucket Cam Double Step.Auto Level ... Snow Video

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Banned
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    My JD dream cab and your talking about price?
    chin do you have insulation on the underside of your floor panels? As you saw what I'm doing to mine. I wonder what JD has done.
    yeah, this thing was rather expensive buddy. believe it or not, there is no insulation that I could see. It is quiet in the cab but I think its all due to the fact that the cab is raised and has isolators.on the four cab mounts. So I think that the noise levels may be due to this alone. The floor pan seems to be of heavy steel. I listened to your video and when I knock my floor pan under the floor mat with a hammer it makes more of a heavy knock sound. Illl look more into it. I can tell you this though, the interior panels are all foam lined with about 1/2 inch thick foam behind the panels. I have a decent amount of experience with dynamat alone even though I recommend cheaper non name brand stuff. I just did (a year ago)a whole frame off rotisserie 1970 gtx with 472 hemi with regular dynamat (not extreme). Did the whole cabin area doors and roof included. You would not believe the results! Unbelievable. If you can find all the weak points in that cab, your going to be one happy b3030 owner. You will just have to keep chasing the weak points you missed and all will be good with that stuff

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    Bandit , did you put that foam in this picture at the cracks at the bottom? Near the floor mat?
    If that is factory foam in those cracks then that is the reason my 2005 B3030 is full of dust and yours is not.
    I have NO foam in these areas, just the formed piece of foam behind the plastic panel.
    All of that is from the factory. I have not added anything yet, so yes, that is probably why I have much less dust than B3030 owners. Also, all of the levers, foot controls, etc. have either rubber or foam "gaskets" where they enter into the cab. However, I can still see bits of light making its way into the cab, so those areas will be addressed.

Let me know if that steel "toe plate" under your plastic panel has foam glued to the back side flat surfaces, as mine does. Either way, I can tell that foam is not dense enough to mute sound & vibrations, so more needs to be done with that.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Google "silent blocks"

Tractor

I really think, at least on my older B3030 this waffle pad is best and easiest to install. kubota may have addressed this since 2005. Will it work? don't know yet.

I would be very interested to see Bandit's floor when he takes this panel off. Will it look like my first picture?

But you can see what the floor rested on before in the first picture(Nothing) The New rubber waffle pad is 3/8 thick the foam around it is 1/2 thick. Using any of these other type mounts will bring the floor up too high, there is no room for anything between the floor and that plate on the transmission. You would have to modify the floor and have the mounts stick up though the floor.
    This mount was easy to install, dosen't change the hight that much and should keep in place because of the weight, shape of the floor, foam and bolt heads. There is no place for it to go. If nothing else it will prevent the metal to metal contact like it was before.

Now I know what that noise was when traveling along a rough patch as the cab rocked back and fourth that grinding sound on and off, I thought it was the transmission but now I know it was the grinding of the metal cab floor touching the transmission plate in those three worn to metal spots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_2051-jpg   -img_2113-jpg   -img_2115-jpg  
    Last edited by WaxMan; 03-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor
    2011 b3000

hockey pucks!
    Badgerboy

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSDC

Attachment 308898

I noticed today while moving the tractor that I had a vibration noise coming from the small hump directly behind the panel under the steering wheel. It is the area where the gloves are located in the picture. Anyway I put my left foot on the hump and put pressure there and the noise disappeared. So I'm guessing I too need to put some rubber pad underneath to cut down on the noise.
    Last edited by srs; 03-24-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Stanley----Kubota B3030 HSDC

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

After weekly snowstorms, it looks like we might have the next 10 days with no precip, so I'm hoping to be able to get started on the sound proofing project this week. My Dynamat Xtreme is supposed to be here Tuesday - everything else for the soundproofing is on-hand.

I ordered my stereo receiver & speakers today, so once those get here, I can get started on the stereo install. That was fun, since the kubota stereo mount I ordered can barely fit a 7 1/16" wide receiver, but most of the current offerings are 7 3/16" wide. I found what I hope to be a decent receiver - an Alpine mech-less AM/FM stereo with bluetooth & USB port, compatible with iPhone.

I plan to order some standard foam pyramid sound insulation to put up in the ceiling, and am trying to find some sort of higher density foam to use for the speaker spacers under the grilles - I'm going to mount 4" speakers in the same area of the headliner that WaxMan did. To start, these will be the only speakers, so I'm hoping all this sound deadening work will allow the 2 small speakers to suffice. The in-ear headphones hurt my ears after more than an hour of snow clearing, so it'll be nice to finally have a stereo.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by srs View Post
    Attachment 308898

I noticed today while moving the tractor that I had a vibration noise coming from the small hump directly behind the panel under the steering wheel. It is the area where the gloves are located in the picture. Anyway I put my left foot on the hump and put pressure there and the noise disappeared. So I'm guessing I too need to put some rubber pad underneath to cut down on the noise.
    I finished everything but the front panels behind the brake pedal and the same on the other side Tractor has a deeper quieter tone and the transmission whine now sounds like it's in another room and muffled. Really happy with the lack of transmission noise now.
    Still noise from the engine but I didn't do anything under the dash yet or those front panels that are slanted.
    At 2,000 rpm I can feel air from the engine fan blowing thru where Bandit has that factory foam, That will be next , That is where the dust is entering from and I'm sure it will cut down on the engine noise also.
    So that rubber waffle pad works and it is worth doing.

Just a note : The 1 inch thick hockey puck that others have suggested will bring the floor up too high and none of the floor mounting bolts will then line up. 3/8 is the maximum size the rubber can be used without doing major floor remounting. If 1 inch is used you would have to adjust the mounting holes by 5/8 of an inch.
    This is why I'm retuning the 3/4 thick waffle pad. If I used that I would have had to oblonged the bolt holes by 3/8 inch.
    By using the 3/8 waffle pad No mounting holes had to be modified. I also left the 1/16 dynamat on top and below the rubber pad.
    I do appreciate their suggestions though.
    Last edited by WaxMan; 03-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

There is a special foam made for industrial noise attenuation. It is used as noise isolation material in example under geothermal heat pump.
    I was working on construction of ammonia plant located close to housing and they used it for noise abatement from piping etc.

Edit: I think it is called Armacell

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast