Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Default Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting

Since I wanted to change the bushing on the Hydro pedal on the floor anyway, I figured it was a good time to think about sealing up and sound proofing the floor of my cab.
    After some disassembly what I found was the whole weight of the Seat, Operator, Floor and Fenders rests on top of the transmission, metal to metal. (no wonder all the transmission noise in the cab)
    If you look at the first picture the sound proofing was flatten to nothing you can see the outline and because of a weld not being ground off it was hitting the floor causing a worn out mark in the metal floor.(metal to metal)
    Also the heads of two bolts were grinding into the floor as pointed out in the photos.
    I ordered some Dynamat sound proofing to cover the floor panels, which now rings like a tuning fork when hit.
    I want to find some rubber Isolators to place between that plate on the top of the transmission ( shown in the fourth picture) and the floor so all the weight will not be supported by the transmission plate metal to metal.
    I can't believe all the weight, operator and all, rests on the transmission of the b3030 cab. Rests directly on the transmission for support. The transmission holds up the floor and nothing else.
    I think I have room for a 3/4 inch rubber isolator to keep the floor off the transmission. The cab has four rubber isolators on the four corners But the center of the floor rests completely on the transmission for support, without anything to isolate the noise. Getting the floor off the transmission has to cut down on the transfer of noise, Metal to metal that is what I have now and most likely you do too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2051.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2055.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2045.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2060.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2048.jpg  

Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2050.jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

Default Re: Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting

I've used old shock absorber rubber bushing for a lot of different things, do you think theyd work here ? most shops have a bunch laying around.
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehauler View Post
    I've used old shock absorber rubber bushing for a lot of different things, do you think theyd work here ? most shops have a bunch laying around.
    Thanks for that suggestion , Maybe, I know what you mean, I have used them many times on different projects. For this I'm looking for something much more soft and flexible about 1/2 to 3/4 thick, maybe a stack of a few 3 inch discs 1/4 of a soft rubber so all the weight is just on the rubber sliding discs. Any other idea's?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

any dirt tracks around ?? Sprint car rear tires are soft rubber with nylon cords and only about a 1/4 " thick when there wore out .
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Airens/Simplicity/Sears

Subscribed.

Tractor

Rather then putting a 2 or 3 inch mount , I'm thinking of this pad, so instead of the indent in the foam (shown in the first picture) where the cab rests on the transmission, the isolator will be in that area. This way the floor won't have any extra stress balancing on a mount, the weight will be as it was just now rubber isolator instead of flatten 3/8 useless foam. That metal plate in the second picture will be covered with the waffle pad. Anyone see any problems arising with that? Or would it be better to cut the pad into four squares to have less contact?

MASON Vibration Iso Pad, Waffle, 6x6x3/4 In - Vibration Isolator Pads - 2LVR7|2LVR7 - Grainger Industrial Supply
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2051.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2060.jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

I would think the pad would be better in one large piece. How do you plan to attach it? Any adhesive at all?
    Regards,

Matthew

RFB
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC3; B3000HSDCC

Waxman,

How difficult was it for you to remove the cab, and how did you go about it?

Thanks

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    I would think the pad would be better in one large piece. How do you plan to attach it? Any adhesive at all?
    I agree one piece, I think it will stay in place better. I was only going to cut out for the four bolts shown it won't slide off that way, so no adhesive planned at this point.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    Waxman,

How difficult was it for you to remove the cab, and how did you go about it?

Thanks
    I did not remove the cab at all, just the floor panels what you see in these pictures. Very easy to do, just a lot of bolts to remove.

I received the Dynamat Xtreme and the Dynamat 1/2 Dynaliner today. Much better then the foam that came with the tractor, heaver, more dense, water and rip resistant, all that old foam will be replaced plus all the other panels will now have it. I"ll post some pictures as I go if anyone is interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2061.jpg   Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting-img_2062.jpg  

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast