Insurance PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #51  
Well the won't insure John Deere either.:D

As Kermit said, "It's not easy being green." Or blue, or purple, or the other orange. :) Actually wouldn't expect KTAC to insure other brands.

For normal farm operations, of course, basic farm policies are available. For non-farm use, some companies will write "inland marine" policies to cover the tractor for liability and all peril, regardless of where it's operating at the time of loss. It's expensive (just got a rough quote for my 2014 Kioti), but covers liability, and property damage and loss, even when operating away from the owner's property, in which case homeowner's policies normally don't apply. In fact, basic homeowner's policies don't cover collision damage even if operating on your property.

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #52  
Just bought a BX25D which I move from home to business property. Bought Kubota Insurance since it was better coverage and lower price than inland marine rider from Ky Farm Bureau on my commercial policy. Paid now for 5 years.

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency
Nice!!! :thumbsup: I am about to pull the trigger on a Z series or maybe the Kommander for a Chirstmas gift for myself. As I stated in a previous post, we moved the KTAC and KCC Operations from GA to TX. My wife and I purchased a house (in TX) with an acre of land. It's been tough working with Kubota for almost 7 years and not having one of my own but now I have a valid reason!!! And YES, I will be buying our insurance! :laughing:

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #54  
Nice!!! :thumbsup: I am about to pull the trigger on a Z series or maybe the Kommander for a Chirstmas gift for myself. As I stated in a previous post, we moved the KTAC and KCC Operations from GA to TX. My wife and I purchased a house (in TX) with an acre of land. It's been tough working with Kubota for almost 7 years and not having one of my own but now I have a valid reason!!! And YES, I will be buying our insurance! :laughing:

It's about time.:laughing: My brother thought he wanted a Z and the $1000 off special on the new Z700 on the Kubota website brought him to the show room or Barlows inventory yard. After some discussion Steve Barlow disclosed he had some demos for around another $1000 off, around 24 hours on them and still full new warranty. He does deliver all over the US. Go forth and spend money (or finance) and smile when your steed propels you forward with a mere press of the pedal and work chores are being completed at the same time, I say go forth!!!!:D:cool2:

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #55  
Hi - does KTAC insure outside of the USA (I'm located in Canada).

Hello Backlight,

Insurance through Kubota is offered in Canada but only at the point of sale (through KCL financing). At this time, there isn't a policy sold outside of financing.

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #57  
Have you filed a claim with KTAC? If so, how did we do?

Not good so far.

Rep on the phone said the damage couldn't be covered because he couldn't see it on the photographs. Also that he would expect there to be witnesses. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't usually have a fan club following me around when I am brush-hogging.

If it wasn't dishonest, I should have lifted the tractor up on the bucket and dropped it down on a chunk of concrete and rebar to punch a hole in the oil pan. Based on what the rep said, that would have made things just fine. I can't play that way though.

Tomorrow I find out KTAC's final answer (which I have already been told will be "No"), and also find out if they are going to stick me with the $400 dealership transport fee (after originally agreeing to pay it).

Nope, not good so far. :mad:

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #58  
Not good so far.

Rep on the phone said the damage couldn't be covered because he couldn't see it on the photographs. Also that he would expect there to be witnesses. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't usually have a fan club following me around when I am brush-hogging.

If it wasn't dishonest, I should have lifted the tractor up on the bucket and dropped it down on a chunk of concrete and rebar to punch a hole in the oil pan. Based on what the rep said, that would have made things just fine. I can't play that way though.

Tomorrow I find out KTAC's final answer (which I have already been told will be "No"), and also find out if they are going to stick me with the $400 dealership transport fee (after originally agreeing to pay it).

Nope, not good so far. :mad:

What damage did you have?

If I understand your post, the dealer has it and they are not believing what the dealer is telling them about the damage? Hmmm, something seems off. I ran a limb thru the grill, rad, oil cooler, and fan on my L45, they had no problem when the dealer submitted a list of parts. They even paid for a complete UDT2 fluid change when I said I was worried about contamination which is not cheap on a L45. I have had two claims over the past 12 years and both were uneventful and based on my auto insurance experience, I would take KTAC claims process any day.

BTW - I have one Kubota covered by them but two others by an independent inland marine company that covers my non Kubota equipment, so I am not stuck on KTAC.

/ PROTECT YOUR EQUIPMENT - KTAC Insurance Agency #59  
What damage did you have?

I do not want to get into specifics as I am examining what legal recourse I have.

I spoke with someone higher up today.

He was unwilling to say that he believed my account of what happened - but he didn't have the guts to call me a liar either. :rolleyes:

My tractor did not roll into a pond. However, we discussed a tractor in a pond as a thought experiment. Given the scenario that your tractor rolls into a pond while running and nukes the engine, he said that they would not cover it unless you took pictures of it while it was in the pond. You see, the policy covers physical damage only, and just rolling into a pond doesn't cause any visible physical damage (unless it rolled over, of course).

I personally think that is a load of manure.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with an insurance company. I cannot recommend them to anyone in good conscience.

I will probably end up fixing the tractor myself and I will laugh heartily if it ends up stolen or dying in a fire and KTAC has to buy me a new tractor.

Older than Dirt... I replied to your other post. Email me your name/claim information so I can take a look at it (brian.carter@kubota.com). I respect your right to communicate whatever you wish but I will keep my communication between us private.

Thanks,
Brian