mmm or rear finish mower for bx25

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #11  
I think we need more information on your actual yard.
I prefer the mmm as its more nibble, tracks better and gives a nicer cut. That being said, my farm king mowers are pretty tough, the only damage came from backing into a tree and i bent the wheel bracket. Easily fixed. In flat open area the rfm works ok, they sway back and forth a little in the back so its hard to get really straight lines. For some reason the wheels on the farm king rfm dont line up front to back so you get 4 tire lines in the grass plus the two from the tractor. I dont like that. Depending on your budget, you may want to look at a ztr.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25
Thanks for all the replies. I have a little less than an acre at home. Some trees, kids play set, garden. My hunting property has a quarter mile of road that needs the shoulders cut. As was mentioned, I might be better off with another rider. The bh has only come off once, only because I don't own any other 3 point attachments yet. I know that a mmm is not cheap, that is why I am leaning more toward a rear finish mower. Would rather use the bx25 to cut then buy another rider though. Hard decision. Oh well, we have a month of winter here yet, and then a few weeks of slop before any grass will need cutting.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #13  
For cutting a yard with trees and buildings, the MMM is more precise and easier to maneuver. For open lawns like a golf course, the RFM would be my choice.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #14  
Hi, I once had a BX23 with 54 inch MMM, was great. For mowing yard, remove the BH, for mowing the Ditch, along the road to the camp, keep the back hoe on. Two reasons, one if you get stuck you can use the back hoe to get your self out, two, I used to swing the hoe to the up hill side, to balance the tracktor out, and also put the low side out riger down, some what to prevent turn over. Just my two cents. Troy

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #15  
Newbie with brand new BX25D here. I need to make the same decision. But I am gathering from the responses that I would be best with a MMM. Now I am putting Bro-Tek wheel spacers on because my property is one acre and one big slope, so I know that forces me to a 60in width. I like the idea that it will also help with the COG and I can also cheat with the BH swung to uphill side. Only scary thing about that is I would need to remember to swing it at each turn! So, what do you all recommend as far as brands for a 60in MMM?

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #16  
Be careful on slopes and always go up and down and not crossways when possible. Here is another view of a BX25 if your wondering what it looks like from this side.
IMG_0994.jpg

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #17  
dragoneggs, I did the same when I first got my BX24, I swung the BH up hill to help counter balance, but I noticed, it has a higher center of gravity with the BH on and I felt better with the BH off when mowing. After you practice how to take it off, it will only take you 10 mins or less to take it off before you mow and that is exactly what I do.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #19  
dragoneggs, I did the same when I first got my BX24, I swung the BH up hill to help counter balance, but I noticed, it has a higher center of gravity with the BH on and I felt better with the BH off when mowing. After you practice how to take it off, it will only take you 10 mins or less to take it off before you mow and that is exactly what I do.

So for significant slopes maybe I want to replace the BH with a lower COG implement or counter balance weights? I don't think I want to fill the tires but I understand that is an option.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #20  
So for significant slopes maybe I want to replace the BH with a lower COG implement or counter balance weights? I don't think I want to fill the tires but I understand that is an option.

You will be more stable with the FEL and BH off. Adding fluid to the tires will help with stability and traction but is not necessary. I think the do not recommend fluid in the tires on the BX25.