Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Default Re: 2006 BX 23 HST Issues

Quote Originally Posted by nordic95 View Post
    Brake is completly adjusted loose just to make sure it wasnt dragging. Filter was Napa Gold and fluid from Napa and they said it was for my tractor, USD I think.
    I'd start by getting a kubota HST filter and swapping out that NAPA one before I started it again....I only run Kubota filters and fluids in my 2004 BX23..not saying that's the issue, but -----

I just bought Super UDT2, all filters, oil and fan belt for the BX and all the oil change stuff for my RTV1100 from Kubota..Just under 200 for everything. Not too oppressive for specialty stuff.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I agree, check your fuel filters. I've had mine plug up more than once, and at first it often seems like a problem with the HST.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    BX2200

I too say change the fuel filter. My BX 2200 did the same thing around the 600hr mark and I thought I was looking at a big fix. TBN pointed me to the filter and presto fast easy fix, 60+ hours later running like a champ still. I also know, thanks TBN members my sending unit in the tank has gone bad and lost its seal, I just have been putting that fix off, not sure if its helping contribute to fuel contamination.
    Dan.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Filter was Napa Gold and fluid from Napa and they said it was for my tractor, USD I think.
    I would drain and refill with kubota UDT or SUDT2 and Kubota filters.

Once I tried Amsoil Universal ATF in my cars automatic transmission and had to switch back due to shifting problems within a few days. Amsoil literature would have you believe it would work well in my car but real world experience proved different.

Hope it's an easy fix.
    2011 BX2360, FEL, 60" mmm, 50" snowblower
    2004 Cub Cadet RZT50
    1994 Cub Cadet 1641, 48" mmm

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I don't think its the oil. he changed it out and even with with third party oil, it shouldnt making it stop like this. I am thinking that maybe either the HST relief is kicing in way too early now like broken spring behind shims or maybe a very expensive issue is the hydro pump needs replacing. I would look into getting a WSM if you dont have one and get the pressure tested according to WSM. Either that or have dealer look at it.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

There is only one hydraulic filter and it serves as the charge pump filter. Non Super UDT oil has been know to increase noise and decrease performance in kubota HST transmissions. If the filter is not the correct and starving the charge pump for oil then it would be a problem. Most simple thing to rule this out before sending it to dealer or tearing it apart is to put Kubota oil and filter on it.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by David_Kb7uns View Post
    There is only one hydraulic filter and it serves as the charge pump filter. Non Super UDT oil has been know to increase noise and decrease performance in kubota HST transmissions. If the filter is not the correct and starving the charge pump for oil then it would be a problem. Most simple thing to rule this out before sending it to dealer or tearing it apart is to put Kubota oil and filter on it.

David Kb7uns
    100% agree. If the problems started after going with the NAPA filter and oil, then going back to a Kubota spec'd filter and oil would be the first thing I'd do before assuming it's anything internal.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Tractor
    BX 23

Quote Originally Posted by BX Dan View Post
    I too say change the fuel filter. My BX 2200 did the same thing around the 600hr mark and I thought I was looking at a big fix. TBN pointed me to the filter and presto fast easy fix, 60+ hours later running like a champ still. I also know, thanks TBN members my sending unit in the tank has gone bad and lost its seal, I just have been putting that fix off, not sure if its helping contribute to fuel contamination.
    Dan.
    Im going to start with the fuel filters. Anyone know the part numbers for the three filters? Can I use Napa for these?

Thanks for all the input,i really appreciate it.

Gold Member uglyboywith11fingers's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 BX24TLB, 1998 TG1860G

It started making the noises shortly after I changed the fluid and filter. I also changed all the fuel filters about 50 hours ago.
    to the OP... in your original post, you mention the noise and sluggish performance, and that you then changed the fluid and filter and the problem persisted.
    You have not mentioned anything about engine sputtering or any hint of a problem with engine performance, only transmission noise and sluggishness. If indeed your problems began with the hydraulic fluid and filter change, that is the change to undo... IMHO. (although a fuel filter is a lot less costly.)

Pete

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Im going to start with the fuel filters. Anyone know the part numbers for the three filters? Can I use Napa for these?

Thanks for all the input,i really appreciate it.
    The WIX cross looks like a screen from the pictures I have seen so I would stay with the kubota fuel as they have water blocking paper in them.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast