2006 BX 23 HST Issues

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #1  

nordic95

Tractor
BX 23
So I have a 2006 Bx 23 and I love this machine to death. I purchased it new and I now have 560 hours on it. I use it around my house mostly to plow snow and mow lawns. But lately I noticed the trans is making noise when I push against a load, worst then the usual noise ive heard over the years. Also now I can barely start in high gear. It sound like it is just lugging as if it was under a major load but once it gets rolling it fine till I hit a hill. Most of the time I have to stop and put in low gear. And im not talking about a big hill, just a slope in the yard so to say. I did change HST fluids, installed new filter and the same issue persists. I did try to adjust the parking brake at one point and I noticed the HST made more noise, so I adjusted it really loose so as not to have any drag at all. Now the parking brake does absolutly nothing. I really need some help to diagnose what the cause is and the repair....Please help.

Thanks Anthony

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #2  
What filter and fluid did you use for the hydro? Also do make sure the brake is not dragging.

David Kb7uns

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #3  
Check the input shaft bearing.

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #4  
You mention transmission noise and lack of power. Check and clean the fuel Filter as well. Maybe crack the bleed screw to see if any air bubbles come out. Low range could mask a power output issue. Any engine smoking with the loss of power?

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #5  
Welcome to TBN!
Sorry you're having problems with your tractor. You came to the right place to get it fixed.
How many hours on the HST fluid / filter you changed, and what did the fluid look like, smell like, when you changed it?
How long before you changed the fluid/filter did this issue arise?

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues #6  
Did you clean the strainer screen in the back of the trans?

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues
Did you clean the strainer screen in the back of the trans?

Yes I pulled the screen and cleaned it off. It had no metal shavings at all on it and fluid looked good with no burning smell or anything.

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues
Welcome to TBN!
Sorry you're having problems with your tractor. You came to the right place to get it fixed.
How many hours on the HST fluid / filter you changed, and what did the fluid look like, smell like, when you changed it?
How long before you changed the fluid/filter did this issue arise?

It started making the noises shortly after I changed the fluid and filter. I also changed all the fuel filters about 50 hours ago.

/ 2006 BX 23 HST Issues
What filter and fluid did you use for the hydro? Also do make sure the brake is not dragging.

David Kb7uns

Brake is completly adjusted loose just to make sure it wasnt dragging. Filter was Napa Gold and fluid from Napa and they said it was for my tractor, USD I think.