rotary mower for bx series

/ rotary mower for bx series #1  

spd132

I have a small field on our hunting lease that needs to be mowed before our turkey season opens this spring. I have a kubota bx 1500. Has anyone ran a 4 ft. rotary cutter on this this tractor and if so, how did it do. The grass in this small field is not very thick and the field is maybe one acre.

/ rotary mower for bx series #2  
I'd rather see a 42" behind it do to the horsepower.

/ rotary mower for bx series #3  
I have just raised the MMM deck as high as it would go and mowed it slow, if I was mostly sure there were no big rocks in it. Or you could have someone mow it the first time with a Bush hog then mow it yourself with your MMM.

/ rotary mower for bx series #4  
I agree that the 42" would be better. I have a 48" that I use with a B6200 which has a bit more horsepower than the BX1500 and it seems to work fine until I get in thick or tall grass.

/ rotary mower for bx series #5  
Are you looking to buy one or borrow one?

/ rotary mower for bx series #6  
I have a 48 inch bush hog. I used it to clear about 3 acres of weeds three feet tall behind my B4200 which only had 10 PTO horsepower. In low 3rd gear it would bog down, in Low 2nd gear it mowed fine. Thick brush would bog the tractor in any gear. You should be fine and the only issue may be that the 3PTH on my little B4200 (12hp)will not lift the rotary mower as its about 480 lbs. I just dragged it around. I am looking forward to trying it out with my new B3200 (32HP?) Are you looking at a future tractor upgrade or just see a good deal on the 48inch? They are heavy.

/ rotary mower for bx series #7  
The King Kutter 48" XB rotary cutters are made especially for subcompacts. They feature dual adjustable tailwheels for stability, protective rubber shielding, stumpjumper and a floating hitch. As long as the grass isn't terribly thick, you should be fine with the XB or a similar cutter.

/ rotary mower for bx series #8  
With the BX1500, I think 48" would be a bit much. A 42" would make more sense at that horsepower

Here is my BX2660 (19.5 HP at the PTO) with a LandPride 48" rotary cutter.

rcr.1.jpg

Attachments

• rcr.1.jpg
    rcr.1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 248
   / rotary mower for bx series #9  
I have a bx1500. We mow commercially for some solar panel sites that are 80 - 90 acres in size. We use a 48" brunch hog with no problems. Much more reliable than the ZTR's that we use in conjunction.

/ rotary mower for bx series #10  
I have a BX 2660 Kubota and am trying to decide which rotary cutter to buy. I manage vacant properties and sometimes the first cut is rough! The grass can be thick and up to 7 feet tall an saplings 2-3". Usually the lot size is 1/2 acre up to two acres. Also, unsure if it would be wiser to purchase a DR Brush Cutter rather than a 3 point attachment for my Kubota.
I have only had my Kubota 1 year and would like to hear some advice. Thanks